Aiden and his father had always been at odds with each other, but it only gotten worse after his mother's tragic death. However, on this day, Aiden loathed his father's presence.

There may have been a moment before his mother's death when he thought he and his father could finally form a healthy, happy relationship.

Now, his father was the last person he wanted to be with.

•••

Rio sits back in the meeting room, periodically checking his phone to see if Aiden had texted him back yet, and he hadn't. He had noticed that Aiden had been a bit distant for the past few days, but Rio, having never been in a real relationship before, didn't exactly know how to approach him about it, so instead he just pretended like there was nothing wrong. Now, though, he was starting to be really bothered by it, and he was worried about Aiden.

"Rio, are you paying attention?" Daphne asks, pulling Rio back to reality from his thoughts. "Did you hear anything that they just said?"

Once again, they were sitting with the executives of the label. They agreed to release Rio's album on time, after a lot of publicity clean-up from Rio, and now here they were, discussing the BET Awards, which Rio was nominated for an award and where he would be performing.

"No," Rio admits, figuring it would be easier than to lie, since they all knew the truth anyway, "I'm sorry. Can you say it again?"

"Well," Charlie says, seeming a little agitated that he had to repeat himself, but Rio didn't really care, "as you know you'll be performing at the BET Awards this weekend."

"Yes," Rio nods.

"And they want you to perform Masterpiece." Charlie continues. "With Gia."

Rio refrains from rolling his eyes, which takes a lot of self-control. "I thought I would be performing Greatness? Alone."

"They changed their minds." Charlie says with a shrug. "The way I see it, it's their show, and they get to make the big decisions at the end of the day. Now, you're either going to do this or you're not."

"He's going to do it." Daphne says, tossing a look at Rio before smiling back at Charlie. "We promise."

"Good." Charlie says, standing up and the other men in suits following him. "Good day."

With that, they walk out of the room in an almost robotic fashion.

Daphne grabs her purse, standing up. "I know that's not what you wanted to do, but it's just the business. Besides, it'll be a great opportunity for you to confirm your relationship with Gia. Now, you go on down the hall to the studio. I'll be there soon."

Daphne shoulders her purse and walks out of the office.

Great. Just great.

•••

Later that night, way later that night, Rio lays in his large bed, soft, soulful, R&B music trickling through the speakers.

The bathroom door opens, steam billowing out, followed by Aiden, wearing only a pair of boxers and looking absolutely delicious as he walks over to the bed with a smile on his face.

Rio is drawn to him like a magnet as soon as his warm body lies next to his, pulling him even closer to him, pressing against his bare torso as Aiden wraps his arms around his waist.

"I missed you today." Aiden whispers as they lay there with their heads on the same pillow, looking into each other's eyes.

"I think I may have missed you more." Rio whispers back.