You Need A Date?

"Who are you bringing to the dance?" Finn asked before taking a sip of his drink. Poe's eyes widen.

"What dance?" Poe frowned.

"The dance, well technically ceremony. You know, the one General Organa has planned since the fall of the First Order," Finn tried to remind him. Poe narrowed his eyes, trying to have any memory of the event, then it hit him.

"Oh blast. The dance! How could I have forgotten," Poe's mouth was slightly open.

"It's fine. You still have until Friday to ask someone...(y/n)," Finn coughed your name with a smirk. Poe narrowed his eyes at him, giving him a disappointed look.

"Someone has probably already asked her," Poe frowned. "Plus, she only sees me as a friend."

"I wouldn't be so sure. Rey told me (y/n) doesn't have a date, yet. Although, I did hear a couple of guys in the locker room planning on asking her," Finn informed, taking a sip from his drink.

"Who?" His eyebrows knotted and jaw tighten.

"Ashton and others," he mumbled.

"Ashton? That, nerf-header! Well, not if I can help it. Thanks Finn," Poe dismissed himself and jogged to your section. He walked in, breathless, and started searching for you.

"Make sure to active the hydro-blasters. Ahh, Commander Dameron. What can I do for you today?" You smiled. The rest of the squad gave each other knowing looks.

"I, uhhh. I just wanted to ask if you're uhhhh doing anything today?" He asked.

Your squad couldn't stop smirking, and this didn't go unnoticed by Poe. He felt a bit shy, wondering why they're smirking.

"I'm free after-"

"Now," Candy interrupted you.

"I actually have paperwork-"

"We got it. It's just reports for the star fighters, right?"

"Yea-"

"Okay, have fun you two," she pushed both of you out the door.

"That was uhhh strange," you let out a small laugh.

"Yeah, uhh want to go grab a drink?" Poe asked.

"Sure. I could really use one," you smiled and walked with him.

He was quiet, too quiet. He was lost in thought. "What's wrong with him?" You asked yourself.

"Is everything alright, Poe?" You furrowed your brows and looked over at him.

"Yeah, why?" He asked rather too quickly for his liking.

"You seem rather quiet. Do you have something in mind?" You couldn't help but worry.

"I'm fine, doll. Yeah, just have something in mind," he assured. You shrugged it off.
~~~
Poe made sure to spoil you, from buying your drinks and food. Now, you guys are currently walking through the shopping center. He seemed more relaxed than before.

"Are you thinking of going to the dance?" Poe nervously asked.

"Maybe, I don't know. I'm probably going to end up third wheeling with Finn and Rey," you shrugged.

"You're not thinking of going with anyone?" Poe tried his best to hide the disappointment in his voice.

"I'm not sure. Dances aren't really my thing," you looked down. The last time you went to a dance, it broke your heart. You had a crush on Poe and was really hoping he would ask you, but instead you ended up helping him get ready and watched him slow dance with another girl. After that day, no one has seen you go to any event, no matter how hard Poe tried to convince you, because that meant watching him with someone else. Little did you know Poe would always leave early because you weren't there.