Chapter Five- Pain.

Start from the beginning

"Um- no. You can join. Sure."

He made a sandwich, and sat down across from me to join.

"So, Isabel, why did you come home late?" He said, taking a bite from his sandwich.

This can't be good.

"I was out with some friends, studying. Nothing dangerous. Just studying."

"You do have a curfew you know. I'm going to have to be a real parent here and give you some basic punishments. Let's start with, cleaning up the kitchen when we're done."

I looked at him oddly. That's new.

"A-alright."

"You know, I would really like to see this place spotless." He threw his mug on the ground, and it broke into pieces.

I ran out of my seat and to the wall, trying to protect myself.

He picked up his plate and went to throw it at me. I threw my arms on top of my head while it flew threw the air so it didn't hit my face.

I felt my eyes tingle a bit. That's weird, my contacts shouldn't be drying out just yet.

I blinked the feeling away, noticing the plate hit the floor and break into pieces, a couple stabbing into my legs.

I looked at my dad, thankful he didn't notice.

He started taking forks and throwing them at me, some of them making cuts onto my legs and arms from trying to protect my face.

He started throwing utencils and plates onto the floor.

"See, Isabel? I want this kitchen FLAWLESS. EVERY. SINGLE. THING. PICKED. UP. AND IF IT ISN'T? The basement it is." He chuckled.

I gulped, pulling back the tears. I'm not one to cry easily. The minute I looked up he threw a plate above my head, a couple pieces cutting or sticking into my cheeks.

"You killed your mother, not cancer." He stated.

I pulled the pieces out of my cheeks and rubbed my eyes.

He started walking to the door that leads out of the kitchen, but as his hand reached the door knob he looked at me. Instead of turning that knob, he started walking over to me.

I started to scramble away from him, only for him to grab the upper back part of my shirt.

I started wheezing as he put his hand around my neck, pushing me up the wall.

"Want forgiveness, Isabel? WELL YOU'RE NOT GETTING ANY!" He yelled in rage.

He punched my eye, then my cheek. He let me go, but before I could run he kicked me in the stomach. He stopped to pant. I ran out of the house, grabbing my phone and keys. I went inside my car and drove away, not looking back. I didn't care I was in sweatpants, and a baggy t-shirt. At least I was still wearing a bra and underwear, and my converse.

As soon as I got at least 15 minutes away to a mini shopping mall, I pulled into a random parking spot and turned off the outside lights, while unbuckling my seat belt. I turned the music up and pulled down the visor. Looking into the visor's mirror, I noticed how bad I looked.

I had a black eye, and my right cheek was badly bruised. The eye wasn't so bad, it was more a purple than black. I was good at blocking out the pain. There were little cuts all over my cheeks, and a thin, but deep one on my left cheek.

I pulled up my t-shirt, and saw a bruise starting to form on my stomach. I should really get this checked out at the hospital. Luckily for me, the hospital Scott's mom worked at was different than the one my dad worked at.

I sat up in my seat and pulled up my sweatpants. The cuts on my legs weren't so bad. Easily concealed with makeup, or I could survive on skinny jeans for the next couple weeks.

Pulling my legs up to my chest, I rested my head on my knees and hugged them. I looked outside and felt a couple tears stream down my face. Quickly wiping them away, I opened the car's storage compartment and grabbed my emergency kit.

I grabbed a mini cloth out of the kit and my water bottle, pouring water onto the cloth. I started cleaning all the cuts and applying pressure to any that haven't stopped bleeding. Pulling out some antibiotics, I put them on the cloth and cleaned any extra dirt from the wounds.

I then pulled out some band-aids and put them on the cuts on my arms and legs. Why couldn't I just have a normal family? And why can't band-aids come with a temporary trash can for all these white papers that keep the band-aid sticky?

I looked at the mirror again. My face was oily from washing it with all the antibiotics.

I rubbed my face with the water filled cloth again, getting any last stuff on my face off.

I started looking through the kit again when I heard a knock on my window.

"Isabel? Isabel, is that you? What are you doing here?"

Jackson. The real question is, what is he doing here? Shouldn't he be having a makeout session with Lydia?

I rolled down my window, "Yeah. Hi. What are you doing here? Isn't Lydia's party still going on?"

"Is that a black eye on your face? And cuts? And yeah, it's still going on, but Lydia had no condoms left so I came here to pick some up. Wait-- you actually talked to me. Is this real life?" He chuckled.

"Okay first-- I could've lived my life not knowing that you came here to get condoms. Second- Yes. I just spoke, and I am speaking right now. Third, yes that is a black eye and cuts. I tripped on the steps to my front door. Why are you talking to me anyways?"

"You don't look so good. And you're sitting in a parking lot alone. Alright, well that's enough of me being nice for today. Goodbye."

And with that, I waved and pulled up the window. I turned my lights back on, and drove to the hospital.

Walking in, I noticed Mrs. McCall sitting there.

I smiled, "Mrs. McCall? Hi, can I get myself checked out? I tripped and fell pretty hard on my front door steps.."

She looked up at me, shocked.

"Is that a black eye? And cuts? You're actually talking too. Alright, follow me."

"I need to get my stomach area checked out too. A bruise is starting to form there. I also have some cuts on my legs."

She sat me down on a hospital bed.

"I'm gonna do some X-Rays to see if your ribs are bruised or cracked, and if your eye is okay. Alright?" she smiled at me.

"Alright. Thanks for doing this, I'm glad I know such a great nurse." I said with a smile.

After doing the x-rays she came into the room and showed me the pictures.

"Your eye is fine. But, your ribs are a little bit bruised. Barely, though. I almost didn't even notice the slight bruising. It'll heal quickly, but you need to wear a brace for the next two days." She said, handing me a brace for my stomach.

"Do you have any good tips on how I can hide the cuts on my face? I just don't want people asking about it at school."

She showed me a couple tips, while I mentally thanked Scott for having such an awesome mother. Putting the brace on, I walked out of the hospital.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woo, another chapter! :) Finally done with episode one.