His shaking slowed down, I wiped the tears from his face "W-what's happening-g?" His small voice wavered dangerously thick with tears. I brushed his hair back repeatedly "You're changing, like your brothers. It'll stop soon, don't worry."

 He nodded and his eyes started to close, Jasmine's hand clutched my shoulder tightly "Keep him awake, he must stay awake!"

 I shifted him up in my lap and his eyes opened again "You have to stay awake for me Cody." His eyes rolled as he blinked and then focused on me, I watched the brown drain completely from his eyes. I nodded "Good, you're doing fine." He jerked and groaned loudly, I looked up at Jasmine worried.

 Her face only showed surprise "He's already going into the second phase? That's odd, normally it takes up to an hour at the least to transition from the first phase..." I looked back down and refocused on Cody. I was shocked to find his skin was turning dark grey and his limbs were contorting in unnatural ways.

 David and Benson sat down next to me one on each side and stared intently at their little brother, I pet his hair was pale black fur began to slowly appear all over him. I made noises of comfort and spoke soft murmurs to him, too focused on watching his body change to really hear what I was saying. My wings had long since cooled down and folded against my back, Nyx sat behind me as I ran my fingers through Cody's thick light black fur.

 His face contorted and lengthened, his back curling, his nose pressing into my stomach as he clawed at my legs. I ignored his claws tearing my pants and scrapping my skin, his body slumped on me and he panted.

 No longer was there a boy in my lap but a wolf pup, Jasmine tapped my shoulder "Help him walk and then it'll be Benson and David's turn."

 I nodded as the pup's silvery eyes opened, I patted his muzzled and rubbed his ear "Stand up." His ear flicked at me and he slowly slid off my lap and rolled onto his stomach. He pushed his shoulders up, legs shaking with the strain I nodded when he looked at me "That's it, balance. Take it slowly. Now your back legs."

 He stumbled into me until his head was smashed into my chest, I chuckled "Easy, use your tail to help with the balance. There, see? You can to do it." His ears perked up as he stood there in front of me, fur a matted mess, legs skinny and spread far apart so he didn't fall to the side.

 I smiled and scratched his chin causing his tail to wag, David and Benson stood, towering over the pup. He lowered his head and stared up at them, I leaned forward a bit "They are your brothers, follow them." One of the brothers leaned his head down and touched noses with Cody, the other licked my cheek before they nudged the smaller pup toward the trees and started trotting before finally reaching a run and they were off.

 I tilted my head "What are they doing?" Jasmine sighed contently "Taking him for his first run, it's the third and final phase of the change. The first phase is where the human side starts to hear the wolf side, the transition from the first phase to the second is where the two sides start to merge, the second phase is the physical bond being made, and the third phase is the mental and emotional bond being made."

 I nodded then stood up ruffling my wings as Nyx's tail wrapped around my leg "Why did you look so shocked when he was going into the second phase?" She looked at me and smiled softly.

 "On average it takes alphas 5 hours to go threw all three phases. The time it takes varies on both the blood line of the wolf and how safe the wolf feels with its Luna. Alphas are the longest changes being of the purest blood. Betas usually take 3 to 4 hours on the first shift. Warriors, Hunters, and Trackers rank the same all taking roughly 2 to 3 hours. Omegas, being the smallest and weakest of the pack, only take about half an hour to an hour." She paused and have me a side hug "The faster the shift, the safer the wolf feels with the Luna who helps it. You shifted Cody completely within 1 hour."

Beautiful ColorsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara