Chapter 1 : The Music Box

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Let the analysts check this. Track the location where last message was sent." Agent Anderson ordered. 

He walked away and gave a frustrated sigh. "This is going to be a long day.." He whispered.

14:05, Manila, Philippines

Sarah woke up with a hangover. To think that she only two bottles of beer last night. She rubbed her eyes and checked her phone. She was surprised to see a email message from her old friend, Sam Milby. It's been a while since they last talked so she excitedly opened her email. It was a simple birthday greeting with an attachment.

When she opened the attachment, a black screen appeared with white text that says : "Name that tune.." She smiled. Sam was the one who she shared her dream of becoming a great musician someday. Unfortunately, people belittle her. She sighed and just listened to the tune playing. Of course. It was the song she and Sam composed a while back. She typed the title of the song, once she pressed enter, she heard an unbearable noise which lasted for five minutes. She fainted afterwards. The last thing she remembered before fading to black is reading: "Music Box Transfer Complete. Self destruct in 5 seconds."

21:42, Langley, Virginia

Agent Anderson walked towards his superior's office. It was late, and he was tired. He just hope his superior wouldn't yell at him. The secretary greeted him with a wide smile but he just nodded in return. He was having a bad day and he is not up for some petty flirting. He took a sit at the waiting area and waited for the secretary to give him a go signal to go inside. 

Once he was given the go signal, he immediately went inside, hoping for the day to be finished. He greeted his superior who was sitting in his desk reading a file. His superior stopped reading and stood up.

"I know you are not having a good day Gerald." His superior said somewhat symphatetically. "I have both good news and bad news for you."

Gerald just nodded for his superior to continue.

"The good news is the analysts have traced where Sam sent the Music Box is." 

Gerald was somewhat relieved by the news, but he knew he shouldn't be happy until it is not in their hands yet. "And the bad news?"

"It's in the Philippines."

Gerald nodded. One of the things he and Sam have in common is they were both half Filipinos. It is one of the things that made them connect. His blood boils as he remembered that the man betrayed him. He couldn't believe that the person he treated like a brother just betrayed him. It hurt his pride that he gave his trust in him. He knew in the business he is working in, it's a sin to trust someone. Now, he learned his lesson.

"What's my mission, sir?" Gerald asked.

"I want you to look into this files. I want you to investigate and find where the music box is." His superior said then gave him the files he was reading earlier.

10:00, Manila, Philippines

Sarah woke up, this time hearing a buzzing sound and with a splitting headache. She looked at the clock and saw it was already 10:00 AM. She silently cursed as she was already late for work. Her flower shop usually opens at 8:00 AM. She didn't really like her job, but it pays the bills so she didn't really mind.

If she was in control of her own life, she would have chosen to study music. Unfortunately, her mom died when she was young and her father left them when she was thirteen. Her brother was diligent enough to work and study college at the same time when their father left them. Her brother became her parent and she will be forever grateful to him for that. When she reached 18, she wanted to help her brother so she decided to reopen their family's flower shop. And now, six years later, she's still stuck with the job.

She stood up and went for a shower. After taking her shower and fixing herself up, she decided to skip breakfast and go directly to the shop. However, her brother Luis caught her.

"Skipping breakfast again, little sister?" 

Sarah turned to her brother who is sitting in the couch reading a newspaper. She went to him and kissed him on the cheeks. "Good morning Kuya! Sorry, I'm running late."

"I figured. I prepared your food. Just get it in the top of the kitchen counter. Just eat it in the shop." Luis reminded her.

She hugged her brother and smiled sweetly at him. "Thank you Kuya Luis. You're the best!"

"I know I am." Luis smiled back at her. "Take care little sis!" 

23:38, Langley, Virginia

Gerald looked onto the files his superior gave him earlier that night. He wasn't sure what is the connection of this person to Sam. He checked every record and every file of the person and of Sam's, but he couldn't seem to find a connection. He needed to think. He needed a plan to know the relationship of the person to Sam. He needs to be extra close to this person. He needs to find the Music Box for the safety of the whole world. 

He got his phone and made a phone call..

"Hello? Yes. This is Special Agent Anderson, security password Alpha 6 Zeta 2 4 9 Beta 1 3 0. I need a flight to Manila ASAP." 

He looked at the person's picture one last time. He smiled slightly. She looked pretty, and she seemed innocent, someone who couldn't hurt a fly. But he knew better, in his world, looks can deceive you and he wouldn't make the same mistake by trusting anyone again.

He went to bed and whispered to himself before going to sleep.. "Sarah Geronimo, I will squeeze everything you know about the music box out of you.."

-----------------------------------------------------

Author's Note :

Chapter 1 is finally out! :) What do you think guys? :)

Let me know what you think.. comments and suggestions please :D Thank you!!

Hope you guys like it! :D

Happy AshRalds! :) :) :) <3