Chapter 4: Settling In

The lady gave us some soup with lovely vegetables in it. She sat down with us and asked us what we have been doing for the past week or so. I kind of lost count of the days. "We have been wondering around and trying to find our family, I already found my sister." She looked at us with a surprised stare into our sad eyes. Her eyes were old and out of life that they used to hold when she was young. " You kids were on your own out there?!" Chloe and I looked at each other with sadness. "Yes." We have had so many tragities but thinking that I would be alone in this mess for the rest of my life was the worst. My sister said they she was with another group until they got attacked at night and when she woke up everyone was gone, or already turned. When we were done with telling her what had happened to is she started to lean away from the conversation. "Would you guys like to have a tour of the place?" Without hesitation we both said yes to her offer and set off to the very large building. It looked like a school but mixed in with a hotel kind of thing.

When we went in I saw lots of kids that looked about our age which would be great for us since it has been only the two of is for a while now. "What is the sleeping situation for tonight?" I asked. "We'll you would be sleeping in the downstairs area, which is perfectly safe for you to sleep in." We went down to see it and it looked nice and cozy. It had lights that looked new. There was a showers and a bathroom that was painted and had no dirt anywhere. Overall I think that I could spend a while down here, or here in general.