Chapter 2: The Bonfire

A/N: I posted this sooner than I thought. So I may edit it later. FYI I changed the date of the Eclipse prison thing with Kai Parker and the date that Damon killed Gail. Instead of 1994 it'll be in 1992.

Also for the first season, Erin wont be involved with a lot of what happens so that's why it kind of skips around and only alludes to events happening. It will be like watching season 1 from Jenna's point of view. Kinda .Erin really doesn't want to get involved with the supernatural so she avoids stuff until Elijah shows up and drags her into his drama. 

I also mention Kol in this chapter and I did that because I wanted to give Kol a better reason for being so unhinged after his transition. I feel like he was a bit  of a  shallow character in the show and wanted to fix that.

- Wicked

Jenna and Erin were in the kitchen discussing the up and coming Comet Festival when Elena came in to grab her purse.

"Hey! I'm off to the Grill to meet Bonnie. Erin are you sure you don't want to come?" asked Elena. She had hoped Erin would change her mind and come with her, at least with her there she could reign in Caroline's awful habit of offending people on accident.

"No Thanks. Jenna and I are going to watch Rom Com's and eat junk food. Tell everyone I said hi" Erin smirked as she popped a piece of popcorn into her mouth. Elena rolled her eyes with a sigh and Jenna gave the girls an amused smile. For a moment she felt a brief pang of grief thinking about all the times her and Miranda shared playful banter like that. Miranda was gone now and Jenna couldn't help the melancholy feeling that came over her every time she watched her nieces interact.

"Have fun!" Jenna called as Elena headed towards the door. "Oh wait! I've got this!"

Jenna took a deep breath, fixed Elena with a stern look and said with mock seriousness

"It's a school night. Don't stay out late".

Erin snickered from the couch as she scrolled through the movie list. "Nice Jenna. A plus Parenting." She snarked, smirking when Jenna shot her an amused filled glare.

"Hush You. No commentary from the peanut gallery."

Elena smiled and grabbed her jacket as she headed towards the front door. Erin frowned when she heard Elena call out a halted farewell. She only had a moment to wonder if Elena tripped out the front door again when Jenna giddily plopped on the couch, craning her neck to try and spy into the front hall.

"What is it? Did she fall again?" She asked. Raising an eyebrow when Jenna shushed her, biting her lip in excitement. Jenna leaned closer to Erin but her eyes remained glued to the front door.

"There's a boy. A hot boy." Jenna practically squealed when Elena and the mystery boy left for the Grill together. Erin could only assume that that was the new school hunk with the penchant for running away from bloody limbs.

"Ah" nodded Erin who turned back to the movie. "Must be the "hemophobic hottie" Elena ran into earlier."

Jenna, who had finally settled down to watch the movie, paused mid popcorn consumption and blinked at Erin in befuddlement.

"The what?"

The next morning Erin headed down to the school, it was one of her student assistant days and she had the wondrous pleasure of being assigned to Coach Tanner. The man was, to put it simply, an ass. But he had a fondness for Erin. Most likely because Erin was the youngest member of the Mystic Falls Historical Society and he liked to claim credit for her historical "genius". Which Erin found infinitely amusing, seeing as how the man could barely get the facts of major events right. She often amused herself by finding how many mistakes he made in his tests or lectures.