19. HIS REALIZATION........

Start from the beginning

*****************************

Dev wore his most favorite blazer as he stood infront of the dresser giving final touches to his party look for the night.............he kept bickering about Sona taking all the time in the world to get ready............."yeh ladkiyan bhi na..........humesha itna time kyun lagta hai inhe tayyar hone mein..............kabhi time pe ready nahin hongi............yaar ise party mein lekar jaa hi kyun raha hoon main..........fool hai tu Dev...........ek number ka gadha..........".............he had just given a new subtitle to himself when words went dry in his mouth as Sona stepped out of the washroom.........."bilkul sahi kahan tumne..........tum gahde hi ho........woh bhi awwal darje ke........."............draped in a pink colored saree with a sleeveless deep cut golden blouse............. two strings tied up in a cute bow, with the tassels swaying all along as she walked, held her blouse in their perfect position making her look even more inviting............she walked upto him and literally ordered him to make way for her as she had to still deck up herself.............he moved aside and settled on the bed as his heart was thumping at the uncensored view of her creamy white back which peeped out through her deep cut blouse as she had tied her hair up in a bun.............she paid no attention to him as he kept salivating while she was busy giving finishing touches to her makeup...................when she was done she turned around and snapped her fingers infront of his eyes as he seemed to have zoned out............"chalna nahin hai kya?..........main ready hoon...........utho jaldi chalo........"...........as she moved towards the door Dev called her from behind, in a stern voice though..............."ruko............aise jaaogi tum party mein...........ek minute".............Sona stood confused as he moved upto her and quickly opened her bun to let her hair down loose............this accomplished two tasks...........it also made her look more beautiful and also covered her modesty from other people............."ab thik hai...........chalo".............Dev moved out of the room as a shy Sona followed him all content that he was also somewhat possessive about her as she was about him.

************************

As they reached the gates of the venue, the guards stopped the car to check the gate-pass..............Dev produced the one he had while the guard scrutinized the lady in the car on the passenger's seat to determine her identity and purpose of visit..........."yeh meri employee hai.............mere saath aayi hain............inka alag gate pass nahin tha coz inka aana last minute tay hua tha............it's ok inki jimmedaari main leta hoon......."...............the security guard nodded and opened the gate to let the car inn..............Dev looked at Sona to ensure if he had kept the facade of being boss and the employee on successfully, while Sona starred onto him with a slight tint of sadness in her eyes as to why did he introduce her as a mere employee when he could have easily put in her identity as his better half, a sadness which didn't go unnoticed by Dev but also tugged his heart somewhere as he now couldn't see her sad.............."woh office ki party haina..........to kisiko bhi pata chal sakta hai...........isiliye aisa karna jaroori tha............. I hope you don't mind......"...........he looked on for approval as Sona just nodded affirmatively.

As they entered the party, people from various corners flocked towards Dev Dixit, just to get a glimpse of him and be known to him.........Sona was actually happy with the attention Dev was getting from his business circle, but somewhere in all this glitz and glamour, she got pushed away from him...............it not that Dev didn't try to catch up with her and keep her glued to himself.............it's just that people around him didn't allow him to do so.............a disappointed Sona took to a corner seat of the banquet hall as Dev tactfully handled all his "fans" while his eyes kept on searching for Sona, to see if she was around and all ok.............as one by one people started to get back to their impending tasks, Sona felt a feeling of joy in her heart as she knew Dev would walk up to her as soon as the crowd around him would disperse..............as soon as Dev got a little free he looked upto Sona sitting in a quiet corner and started moving towards her..........Sona got all elated as she thought finally her husband would be spending some time with her away from his social life............but alas she was mistaken...........Dev had just taken two steps towards her when he was stalled in his tracks by Tina, who appeared out of god knows where.......as Dev got engrossed in talking to her Sona was left all forgotten in her lonely seat.............her eyes welled up as she saw Dev tagging Tina along with him as he went around meeting people who were his prospective clients..............she felt left out when Dev fondly introduced Tina to his business associates and didn't even bother to take her along with him............deep down she knew that she was the one who had created this entire mess..........hadn't she taken up this job in his office secretly, she would have proudly roamed around hand in hand with the husband and got herself introduced as Mrs Dev Dixit...............but guess her fate had something else in store for her.............as she sat there all immersed in her thoughts, the waiter approached her with a tray containing few glasses of soft drink with a single glass of vodka in the corner, guess it was left out after he was done serving the other guests..........Sona absent mindedly picked up the vodka glass thinking it was plain water going by the mere look of it and signaled the waiter to go as he stood there thinking she must have picked the wrong glass by mistake and would soon be interested in exchanging it with the correct one.