Pilot

Melanie Strong could think of ten things she would rather be doing than sitting in this class:

Messing up Shawn's hair and watching it bounce back

Eating her lunch

Hanging out with Cory

Hanging out with Shawn

Hanging out with Cory and Shawn

Have Topanga braid her hair

Sleeping

Playing with Morgan

Drinking some Hot Chocolate

Be anywhere but here

And nowhere on that list was written learn about Romeo and Juliet. Melanie groaned and slammed her head on her desk, ignoring the looks she got from the people that surrounded her.

"Miss. Strong," Mr. Feeny called and she looked up, "I would appreciate it if you would not damage my desk."

Trying to keep the bright blush from entering her face, she shot,

"I'm sorry, Mr. Feeny. The scene was just so touching that I couldn't bear to watch it anymore with the fear of tears falling down my cheeks."

Mr. Feeny grunted before turning back to the two students,

"She's dead, Mr. Bornihay. Pick up the knife and kill yourself."

Deciding that she had enough of this play, she picked up her brand new, green eraser and threw it at Cory's head. She loved the current seating. Cory sat in the middle of her and Shawn, giving them a great opportunity to mess with him during class. Not like any of them minded; they all cared little for school.

"Mel...Ow!" Cory whined, catching Shawn's attention.

She ignored him,

"What's the score, Cor?"

"Bottom of the third, two out. Dykstra's on second, Kurk's on first, 3 and 2 to Dalton."

From the corner of her eye, Melanie noticed the approaching grey suit and shifted in her seat to make it look as though she had been paying attention the whole time.

"What's this, Mr. Matthews?" Mr. Feeny asked as he held up Cory's headphone.

Cupping his ear, Cory yelled,

"Huh? What'd you say, Mr. Feeny? You took my hearing aid."

Melanie watched as Mr. Feeny put the headphone in his ear and started to play the radio,

"Smoltz delievers, Dalton swings. Oh, he got a piece of that one. It's a long drive, deep to center. Otis Nixon back, back to the warning track, climbs the wall, and..." But she never got to hear the rest for Mr. Feeny had turned the radio off and wrapped up the headphones.

"Ohh!" Cory groaned.

Melanie slapped her forehead and muttered under her breath,

"Mr. Matthews, Romeo and Juliet is Shakespeare's ultimate testament of love between a man and a woman."

A sharp cry of 'Help' caused Melanie to turn her head to the front of the room just in time to see Vanessa pinning Nicholas to the table as she tried to stab him with the plastic knife. Melanie gave a light giggle as Mr. Feeny rushed to the front of the room.

"Ms. Kincaid, thank you! Thank you," He led Vanessa off the desk and back to her seat, "For that, uh, vigorous interpretation."

Placing the radio back onto the table, Mr. Feeny turned back to look at Cory.