Chapter 1

Katniss' POV

Why does summer have to end? I was perfectly fine, with Prim all summer. But this kid kept walking past my house, I was getting so weirded out. Prim kept on smiling and saying it was sweet. I took her inside when we was walking by every 30minutes. Other than that it was Okay. But now, we are back in school. A new school. It was built just after last summer. Now it's finished. People have been specially selected to attended. How did I get it?

I take my seat in Class, home economics with Ms. Trinket. All the people in my class are a variety of ages. Ranging from 12-18. Big jump there. But the smallest girl sits at the back of the class, looking out the window at the Mockingjays. She has short dark hair and dark skin, from what I can make out she has greenish brown eyes. She looks so gentle. I turn back to the front and see a boy towering over me. I stare at him right in the face. "Your in my seat" he announces. I stand up and move to the back. He's most likely the oldest. And strongest here. No one knows each other here. Unless their family. My sister and myself for example. She attends here too. But is in a different class. The class systems are messed up. Why would you teach an 18 something that a 12 year old can do, or vice versa. It's really silly.

Everyone gets seated. I'm sat next to a red headed girl with green eyes and blonde girl who, from what I can tell, thinks she's all that. The class isn't exactly full. But it will do I guess. Ms. Trinket, tooters around her desk. Revealing a very. Very, pink dress, it has feather and god knows what's on it. Her hair is pink to match, her make up...could be better. "Now Class" she announces. Addressing the class, and grabbing there attention "in my class, you will have manners, you will be polite and be respectful to other pupils. Now. Everyone. Make a circle" she says she's way to positive already. As she says the sentence, she smiles eagerly. Like she's got the corners of her lips, pinned to her cheek bones. Everyone looks around, as if she's not being serious "come on! Chop chop" she says clapping her hands. Everyone moves the desks and sits in a circle. I look around the circle of mixed emotions and see only one face looking positive enough to enjoy this. The youngest girl, who was looking at the Mockingjays. "I'll start" She says. She stands up, trying to walk around the circle. "Name, age, origin and whatever else you need to say" she says. She clears her throat and stands up tall "my name is Effie Trinket. But you must call me Ms. Trinket. My age, is a secret" she squeals "I'm from the captiol" surprise surprise "and that's all you need to know about me" she's says. "Who's is next?" Her eyes scan the circle. Picking her next victim.
"I volunteer" says one boy, the same boy that told me to get out of his seat. He stands up and looks around. He's very intimidating, he has blonde hair, blue eyes, and has very broad shoulders
"Well, okay. Go ahead" she says. She moves her arms around a lot to create some sort of emphasis
"I'm Cato Larker, but just call me Cato. I'm from district 2 but moved up here to study, I'm 18years old and I'm a career. My specialty...swords and spears" he says, aiming the last part about him being a career in my direction. I look away so he doesn't catch me looking at him.
"Okay, hello Cato. Who would like to go next? A girl maybe?" Asks Ms. Trinket, her eyes float right past me. And onto the girl next to me. The red head. She stands up slowly. She looks so nervous
"Im...um...Im Finch, from 5 and I'm 16" she mumbles, she looks over at the teacher and sits down almost right after.
"Okay. Next. We need to be quick so just stand up now" she says. Pounding the palms of her hands together, with every best of her sentence. The blonde girl stands up
"Hi Everyone, I'm Glimmer Bellcourt, 18years young, from district 1, home of the most beautiful citizens of panem" she says. With a gaping smile cutting across her face, as she says that I hear an outburst of small laughs. The girl sitting next to Cato, is sniggering into her hand. Glimmer clears her throat and shots the girl an evil look "as I was saying, home of the most beautiful people in panem. Our districts industry is luxury, like is not a surprise and I'm also a Career, my weapon of choice, is a bow and arrow" she says. Her peppy attitude makes me want to be sick. in side I'm doing the exact same as the girl next to Cato. We go around the circle faster, we have
Marvel Reacher from 1, Career and 17. Not a surprise
Clove Sevina from 2, career and 15. That was the girl who was laughing.
Rue Pynn age just 12 from 11 and is the youngest here. She was the girl looking out the window.
Thresh Reedy, 18 and from 11, older than Cato by a month or two probably. Then we have a very familiar boy. Peeta Mellark. I'm sure he was the one walking past my house all summer. He is from 12, he's 16 and works in a bakery. The Mellark bakery, in the richer part of 12, if you call that richer, being the poorest district in panem. His pigs probably eat better than we do.
I announce who I am and where I'm from. I say that I have a younger sister. I don't dare tell them about my bow and arrow skills. That could get Glimmer all annoyed. The class is dismissed. Next class is, PE. Great.

Thanks for the support I got on the announcement for this.
I think we should do 5votes for a new chapter. It's not much but starting small.
5votes to the next chapter to be posted :D