Chapter 12

Katniss POV
"Gales coming down for two weeks, so we needed to find him a spare room. Do you know anyone with a spare room?" I ask, Prim and Rue. The look at each other and shake their heads "do you think Peeta would share? Along with Thresh. They have a room like ours" I say. "Stay here" I walk out the door and down the hall. I knock on the door and it opens and I see a tower of a boy looking down at me. Thresh.
"Hello" he says.
"Hey, is Peeta here?" I ask. He looks behind him and nods. I walk In and smile as a sign of thanks. "Hi" I say. He is sitting on his bed drawing and I sit on the end.
"Hey" he says.
"Could I ask you a favour?" He looks up from his pad and smiles
"Shoot" he says. I nod and look out the window as I speak
"Long story short, my friend is coming down. And they need a room to lodge in" I say
"Can't she stay with you?"
"That's the problem. She is a he. It's Gale" I say. He looks back to me, his face alarmed.
"Gale? He's coming down here. How long?" He asks. I shrug my shoulders and stand up beside him
"2 weeks" he huffs out and I throw my hands to the side "Peeta. Come on. He's got to stay in here. He's from 12 and I won't let him stay with the Careers. The bored room people said he has to stay in here"
"Okay. He can have that bed. Is that okay, Thresh?" He asks. I look over to him and he nods and lays out his duvet on his bed
"Thanks" I say. Then I walk out without another word. Walking back to the room, I can hear the careers laughing again. They are so loud! Do they even care about the rest of them. I stand outside and knock in the door. Clove answers it and smiles at me
"Hi, Katniss" she says, leaning against the door.
"Hi, urm. Clove. I was wondering" I say, looking around the door and seeing Cato, lying on the bed playing video games. How can he live like this. It's so loud. "I was wondering. If you could turn down your music? And the laughter" I say. She looks at me funny and then to Cato.
"Yeah, I'm sure we can turn down the music. Cato!" She shouts, turning away from my and walking over to him. The door is still open we she sits on the bed. Cato wraps his arm around her waist and she touches his chest. "Katniss asked if we can turn the music down" I read, from her lips. He looks to me and nods. Then clove turns it down. I walk away without hesitation. Those two, creep me right out. I thought Clove would have been stronger than she was when she came in with us. But she's still a child. Only 15, and she had her heart broken. No excuse. She's a career, a ruthless heartless killer. But she have him her heart to Cato and he smashed it on the ground in an instance when the presentation went up on the board. I didn't feel bad at all. There wasn't a shred of sadness inside me. It was just humiliation really, for being there and witnessing it all. But when I saw Clove's crying face, it was like something hit me. But I wasn't willing to fully help her at all.

After a while, I sit in my room. Going through an old photo album my mother had. I hear a knock at the door. And my head snaps round to see who it is. I walk over and open the door. Then feel a warm grasp around my body.
"Hey!" I hear.
"Gale. How you are?" I ask. He pulls away and smiles
"Yeah! I'm good, long train ride. But yes. And you? How's your sister? How's life in general?" He asks. He has never been this excited too see me before.
"Yes! Everything great. Bit of drama here and there. But other than that. We are all fine now I think" I say
"Good! So, where's my room?" He asks
"Gale!" I hear. I look around and see Prim walking out from the toilet. She runs to Gale and he picks her up as if he was a relative.
"Hey!" He says. He puts her down and she shows a cheesy grin
"Your room is down there. With Peeta. I'll show you" I walk out the door and walk towards Peeta's room. I knock on the door and wait for a response. But hear nothing "Peeta!?" I shout, knocking loudly. He comes to the door and smiles
"Hey" he looks around to gale and suddenly his happiness looks as if it's just been drained from him
"Hey, Gale's here. Could he drop his stuff off? Then we all can go for a walk?" I ask looking at the two of them. Gale nods and Peeta moves out the way. There must be something wrong. He's normally so positive.

Peeta's POV
Gale has left all his stuff on a heap next to his bed, he's in the bathroom now. But he is only going for a walk with Katniss. He doesn't need to impress her. He's got her in the palm of her hand at the moment. I don't mind him being in my room. It's just. He will be hanging around this Katniss a lot more and where does that put me? Just another piece in this game, they are playing. Gale walks out of the bath room and breaths out a sigh of relief
"Ready too go?" I ask. He looks at me confused
"You going somewhere?" He asks. I nod my head
"Yeah. I'm going out on the walk with Katniss and the girl too" I say. He looks around for a bit then turns back too me and chuckles
"I thought it would have just been Katniss and I"
"The girls always come. She won't let them out of her sight and I always go too" he doesn't want me there. I know it. I haven't really spoken too him before, only when I'm delivering bread. Even then I haven't spoken to him. Only seen him. But he seemed too be fine them. Why now?
"Ready too go?" He asks, I nod my head and walk too the door. Nodding too Thresh as a sign of thanks and goodbye for now. I close the door and we see Katniss standing with Rue and Prim at the end of the corridor. "Catnip!" Shouts Gale. She snaps her neck round and stands up too turn to Gale and smiles.
"Hey, shall we get going?" Asks Katniss is nod and walk too stand next too her, only too be shoved out the way by Gale. I walk behind everyone, kicking the dust up from the pavement. Prim and Rue run ahead of Gale and Katniss, laughing and Smiling, as Katniss practically mothers them. I'm not involved in this convocation. It's about hunting. I bake. I don't hunt. Killing seems so inhuman, I know it's how most people survive. But I don't think I could bring myself too taking a life. Unless there was a situation. That's one main difference that Katniss and I have. And another thing that Gale and Katniss have in common.
"Peeta. Could I talk too Katniss a minute?" Asks Gale. I nod and walk too the side lines. Overlooking a lake with hundreds of different coloured flowers.

Katniss POV
Gale takes me away from Peeta and the girls, I look over too make sure they are both okay and too see where Peeta as gone off too, only too have my head turned by Gale. I look too him brown eyes and he looks back into mine. "Catnip, Peeta. What's he doing here?" He asks. I hesitate too answer
"He always hangs out with us" I reply. He sighs
"So every time I meet you, he's going too be here?" He asks. I nod and look over too him, looking over the lake.
"Well, I don't want too have too kill him off of the group, Gale"
"What if it's what we have too do. Just too be alone. Not actually kill him, just let him leave of his own accord" he says
"Gale-" I feel warm arms wrap around me waist and on my lips. I pull away and look too the ground in shame "Gale, I can't" I say
"You already did" he replies. I look too Prim and Rue and walk into there direction. As far away from Gale as I can.

Hey!! Guys are too quick with all this voting stuff, so I have raised the bar too 15votes till the next chapter :) sorry I haven't been posting, I have had a lot of Exams lately and I have been out with some friends :) that's for asking for more though. Enjoy, sorry if the next few are a bit late hah