Chp. 1: Finding an Unusual Red Book

I am walking slowly down the path that leads me to my middle-school while wearing my brown school uniform. I don't pay attention to anything of my surroundings as I walk because my mind tries to comprehend the reality of my situation.Cherry blossoms petals danced against the wind as a few petals brushed against my cheek. I look up at the Cherry tree and I cannot believe it's been two years already since I am moved here with my father.

A two years ago I transferred to Japan from America because my father got a promotion. I transferred to the school to which where Miaka Yuki attends. On my very first day of attending my new school, Miaka and I bummed into each other. We were both taken by surprise when we notice the identical features we both had. At first we both thought it was a coincidence that we looked identical despite our hair color, but things got more interesting once we told our parents. I found that that Miaka is my half-sister!I could not believe that my father was cheating on Miaka's mother with my mother. The reason why Miaka and I are identical and the same age is because we were both conceived at the same time.

Miaka was heartbroken to know that our father cheated on her mother. All this time she thought her father was dead because her mother told her so. Miaka didn't speak to me for a whole month, and we both became the talk of the school as soon the word got out. We slowly began to be at good terms between us since she realize that the situation was not my fault, but our father's. At times, I can still feel a sense of awkwardness between us.The school bell knocked me to my senses. I sighed as I threw my bag over my shoulder and walk towards my classroom.

"Hey Yukina!" I turn look up from my desk to Umi, Miaka's best friend. "Have you seen Miaka?" she asked.

I simply laid my left elbow on top of my desk and rest my chin on top of my palm of my hand. I sighed and stared at the entrance of the school gates. My desk was near the window, so I have the perfect view of the entrance of the school grounds. "She's late....again..."

Umi blinks, "Again? No Way!?"

I pointed at a crazy brown hair girl running from the gates with a piece of toast within her mouth. 

"Hehe...Oh Miaka." Umi said with an anime sweat drop falling down her forehead.

Soon enough Miaka shows up at the door of the classroom. Our teacher was pretty upset, "Again Mrs. Yuki! How do you expect to graduate if you keep coming late to my class?!"

All Miaka does is bows and apologize for her tardiness. I simply ignore the scene being performed in front of the class. I already knew this routine, so I simply stare outside the window.

******After School************

"Agh! No! My mom is gonna kill me!" Miaka yells in frustration. She got a failing grade from today's test. She soon asks me and Umi, as we all walking home from school, "What did you guys get?"

Umi and I both revealed our high passing grades. "EH! No fair!?!" She begins to tear up.

I giggled and rest my hand on her shoulder, "Don't worry Miaka. I can help you study for the next test."

"Eh! Really?!" She looks at me with big eyes with shining stars embedded within them.

As soon as I nodded, she hugged me. "Oh my god! Thank you Yukina!"

"Hahaha, Your welcome Miaka." Miaka lets go of me when she hears Umi announce that is leaving home.

"Eh! Why?! I thought you were goanna spend some time at my house, Umi." Miaka pouts at her best friend.

"I am sorry Miaka I got this book at the library and I want to finish reading it before I have to return the book tomorrow before they charge me for tardiness."