~Rayne | The First of Many Mistakes~

Start from the beginning

Tyrion laughed at her face, "It appears that my lady cannot handle the sweet escape that wine brings with it." He reached out to take the flagon back, but she backed up slightly and pressed it to her lips once more.

"I can handle it." she spoke, determined and spiteful. "Ah, I'm sure you can. Judging by how red your cheeks are already, I am sure Winterfell will have a shortage of wine soon enough." his sarcasm made Rayne smile, "However, the strength of a woman has always baffled me and left me puzzled as to why it is not a woman who sits on the iron throne." Tyrion seemed like the kind of man that could talk for hours about meaningless things. She analyzed him with furrowed brows and became suddenly intrigued and found herself wanting to know more about him.

Again, the large wooden doors opened, but this time Jon walked out and stood staring at the pair. His eyes trailed from Tyrion to the flask in Rayne's hand and even the blind could see the envy radiating from him. Rayne looked at Jon before turning back to the kind dwarf and taking one last drink before putting the wine back in his possession.

"Perhaps in the future, my lord." Rayne bowed and Tyrion smiled. He only nodded at Jon, undoubtedly sensing the tension, before making his way back to the feast, the doors swallowing his shadow and the music that came with it.

For a minute, not a word was said amongst the two that remained. They simply peered at one another and kept their distance, fearful of getting too close. "I thought you hated wine." said Jon bitterly.

"I thought you weren't such an ass, guess we were both wrong." Rayne fired back and tried walking away from him, but before she could pass, he grabbed her forearm and held her in place. They were nose to nose now, and unlike the previous moments they shared together, lust was something that they both lacked.

"The imp? Really, you have an impeccable taste in the men you surround yourself with." he laughed sarcastically, "Why were you speaking with him and not me?"

"Considering I spent a great portion of time with you, I am beginning to believe that my taste in men is less than satisfactory. Maybe I was talking to him because I can do whatever I please, and maybe I spoke with him because he understands the definition of personal space." Rayne's eyes trailed menacingly from his hold on her arm to his face that feigned stoicism. "Let me go, Snow. Now."

"I won't allow you to speak with him anymore." his voice was still slurred and sluggish, along with his thoughts apparently. If Rayne hadn't felt a burning sense of aggravation before l, she definitely did now.

"You won't allow me?" Rayne almost yelled now, "What is your problem?"

"You're making bad decisions." his eyes fell to the floor and his grip on her arm loosened enough for her to break out of it. Their bodies faced one another, yet Jon's eyes stayed on the courtyard's frozen ground, in turn, infuriating her more.

"You are not my brother and you are not my father so why do you care so much? What makes you think you have a right to tell me who I should and should not associate with?" her throat began to hurt the more she screamed at the stupid boy in front of her.

His umber colored eyes shot up to her own, light from torches danced in the pools of endless carob thay were filled with sadness now instead of jealousy, and she felt herself sympathizing him. Forgetting the previous events in the dining hall, she realized that she would feel hurt if she found Jon with another woman. Even if they were just talking, Rayne new she would allow her overwhelming insecurities swallow her whole, much like Jon was doing right now. So she began to let her anger fade, only slightly.

"Because." his whisper was barely audible. His hands reached up to her cheeks in a flurry of attraction and he brought his lips down to her's. She stilled for a moment, shocked, until she kissed him back and wrapped her arms tightly around him with just as much passion. The wine that stained his teeth and lips were a new accent that Rayne could taste and instead of cringing in disgust, she welcomed the sweet taste and allowed her body to be less rigid.

Foreheads were pressed together still, even after they pulled away from one another. "I hate you so much sometimes, Jon Snow." Rayne bit her lip and kept her eyes closed with a grin.

"I suppose the key word there was sometimes. And I am sorry, I was jealous when I saw you with him." his humility made Rayne warm up to him even more. It would seem that this boy knew how to pull Rayne's strings into making her forgive him whenever he saw fit.

"Jealous? Jon, do you like Tyrion Lannister?" Rayne guffawed and felt her spirit lift with her own poorly made joke. She threw her head back and leaned slightly away from him, still in his arms, with a look of mischief playing on her features. "If that is the case, I can try to set you two up. I've heard that Lord Tyrion enjoyed the company of a man once and-"

"Gods Rayne, will you shut up?" Jon interrupted her mockery and pressed his lips back to hers. Rayne tasted the sweetness and warmth that she now craved. Not the taste of the wine, but the taste that only Jon Snow possessed.

Their breaths when they pulled away turned to fog in front of their faces and the sound of music from the great hall became louder slightly. Rayne's body felt warmer opposed to how she felt when she entered the courtyard without him, and even she had to admit that the feeling was much more strongly preferred over the prior loneliness. She looked to him in confusion when he pulled away from her and offered his hand with a chivalrous smile.

"I believe I owe you a dance, my lady." Rayne's giggle made him laugh as well and soon the pair were spinning ridiculously in a childish circle together, hands and fingers intertwined, and their laughter added to the boisterous noise that Winterfell housed that night.