Chapter 2

As I walked home in the rain, Louis, the boy who has a BIG crush on me, runs up behind me. “Hey Kait!”

I sigh, “Oh hey,” putting my head down. But he just stand there and smiles.

He lifts my head up, “What’s up?”

“I-it’s nothing. Don’t worry about it. Where are you heading anyways?”

“I thought I would take the long way home. Just to-you know change it up a bit...”

Mhmmm. He just wants to change it up a bit. I blurt out, “Liar!”

“I’m not lying. I swear.”

“Mhmm everybody says that they aren’t lying, but I know they are. Lindsey cheated on my best friend. She tried to hide it. But she couldn’t”

Inching closer to my house feels like WonderLand. Just to get away from Louis. I mean, don’t get me wrong, he’s a really nice guy. He’s just annoying, and not my type.

When I arrive at the sidewalk, outside my house, I see my sister, Grace, sitting on the steps with her best friend, Kira. “Hey Gracie,” I say pushing the wet hair out of her eyes. “You look glum. What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.”

But I know it’s not nothing, something is always wrong with her. Well not always....

Kira gets up, “I-I should go now. It’s getting kinda late.”

“Yeah,” replies Grace, who’s getting up to give her a hug. “See you later.”

I sit down next to her, and run my fingers through her hair, “Now what’s wrong?”

She sighs. “Rough day?” I answer back.

She speaks up, but barely enough for me to understand, “Sorta...”

“Do you want to talk about it?”

“Not really. But I will.”

“Ok shoot.”

She takes a moment, “Whenever you’re ready.”

She waits another minute or so. "I really like Joseph. But I dont think he really likes me"

  I sigh. Guiding her into the house. Now patting her back, "It'll be alright. Turst me."

  I can tell she is upset "I can't trust you." Angry now.

  "IT WAS ONE TIME OK! One time! You can't blame me for this forver."

  "But you said it would be over soon. It's not over..."