chapter 5

“Rachel!” I squeal when I see my best friend walk through the the curtain backstage. I run over and jump, wrapping my legs around her waist.

She grabs onto my thighs and holds me up so I don't fall to the floor. “Tay! I missed you!”

I unwrap my legs and slide down to the floor. Rachel is about 5'6”, slim figure but have curves, like me. Her hair is a dirty blonde, and about to the middle of her back. Her gorgeous brown eyes are what get the guys every time. She and I met during my time in Nevada. I was there for about a year and half. That is where I met Brad before he and I moved to his home in Indiana. She knows everything that has gone on and has tried to get me to go home every since she caught Brad cheating. I love her like she is the sister I wish I had.

“I missed you too!” I link my arm with hers and head towards the green room where the boys are hanging out. “I'm so happy you're here.”

She laughs and lays her head on top of mine. “I'm happy I'm here too. When I got your text about Brad coming and everything, I knew I had to get down here.” She stops in the doorway once we get to the green room. “Which one is Alex?”

I look over and see him in the bathroom, working on his hair. “Working on his hair.” I tighten my grip on her slightly. “ Don't bother him when he is 'warming up'.”

She giggles and rolls her eyes. “Fine. He is safe, for now.”

Shaking my head, I run over to Jack and sit on his lap. “Rachel, Jack. Jack this is Rachel.”

Jack looks away from his phone and up at Rachel. “Hey! Taylor talks about you all the time.”

“She talked about you all the time in Nevada as well.” She smiles looks around the room.

I hop up and bounce over to Zack, leaning against him. “This is Zack. He is my body guard.” I smile up at Zack then squeal as he picks my up and slings me over his shoulder. “PUT ME DOWN!” I shriek, loud enough for Alex to poke his head out the door.

“Please don't drop her.” Alex laughs slightly.

Zack acts like he is going to drop me, causing me to scream and hold my hands out under me, to save myself if I fall. “Shut up, Alex or he will drop me.”

There is a couple moments before I feel a hand slap against my ass. “Ahahah!!!” Alex shouts before I hear him running and see the bathroom door shut, from between Zack's legs.

“I hate you Alexander!” I slap Zack's calf. “Let me down. I have to kill him,”

“I'm saving you.”

I roll my eyes, hoist myself up slightly, so the blood isn't rushing into my head anymore. “From what?”

“Alex.”

Laughing, I slap the back of his thigh. “Great job. He made my ass hurt.”

“But it was funny.”

I shake my head then turn to Rian. “Save me?” I hold my hands out to him.

“Zack, let her down. The blood is rushing to her head.”

I smile, then once Zack lets me down, I run and tackle Rian into the couch. “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!”

Rian laughs, and wraps his arms around me slightly before pushing me off him. “You're welcome.” He looks over to the bathroom, and I follow his gaze.

“Dammit, Rian.” Alex smiles widely at me, waving his free hand at me. His other hand has a beer occupying it.

I glare at him, before pointing and looking at Rachel with a pout on my face. “That is Alex.”