Chapter Two- The truth

Chapter Two-  The truth

 I grin as I throw a rock at him; it hits him on the head and whirls around in confusion. He glares up at the sky while rubbing the spot on his head where the rock hit him as though he thinks the sky threw it. I shake my head and roll my eyes at his stupidity, stupid oaf.

While he was looking to the sky I managed to throw two more rocks in opposites directions. One hitting a trash can, the other hitting a lamp post. He jumps and looks around; eyes narrowed nervously searching for the source of the noise.

 Realizing who the mouse is between us I saunter out of my hiding spot; bored of this game.

 His eyes widen in surprise and confusion at my sudden appearance. Mr. Henchman looks as though he’s trying to figure out a really hard math problem in his head, either that or he’s constipated.

“Where did she come from?” I heard him mutter. I take a step forward and his confusion clears as though realizing I’m still here. He grins at me, obviously thinking he could easily take me to Kradon.

Yeah, that’s not happening.

“Now, now little girl, come with me calmly and you wont get hurt” he has a slight Australian accent which to the untrained ear wouldn’t even be picked up.

I pretend to think about the offer for a second then look at him shaking my head, all while searching for any signs of weakness just as I was taught by Jason.

Mr. Henchman took a step forward and I find it; a slight limp on his right leg that made him wince, not much but I could work with it. I smirk and raise my eyebrow at him as he continues. “I don’t want to hurt you but I will if you make any trouble. I have to bring you to The Boss”

Taking a step forward I rolled my eyes and cracked my neck grinning.

Let the games begin.

“Guess you’re trouble” he smirks.

Circling my opponent I narrow my eyes at his arrogant smirk, knowing I could take him I decided to let him throw the punch. Make him think you’re no match for him, then strike.

 I didn’t have to wait long as Mr. Henchman threw a sloppy punch to my abdomen. I pretend to dodge it and it connected with my side. I take a deep breath in and smile sarcastically at his grin. The grin is wiped off his face when my sneakers connect with his chest. He staggers back as the wind is knocked out of him and looks at me in shock.

 I wave him to me with a universal sign of bring it on and narrow my eyes as he takes out a knife from his back pocket.

 He charges at me and I move swiftly out of the way and kick his back with my right foot sending him sprawling on the floor with a grunt.

I don’t do anything but watch as he slowly gets up on his two feet.

 I haven’t fought for so long that I want to prolong this fight as I haven’t worked out my muscles in a while. My attention is brought back when Mr. Henchman starts speaking, staggering towards me.

 “You stupid bitch. Do you think you can run away from Kradon forever? He’ll find you wherever you are in this world and won’t stop until he gets what he wants from you.” Blood drips from his nose and he howls with laughter.

 His eyes dilate with anger and his movements are slow. So much for a fight, I think sadly.

 “He’s going to find you and kill you. Kill you like he killed your precious brother years ago.” I stop my movements and stare at him. No, Tyler died in a car accident.

“Don’t believe me? I was there” he says gleefully.

 Tears burn in my eyes and I shake my head at him, no it couldn’t be.

He’s lying. “I was there when they grabbed him from the movie theatre and brought him to Kradon, when we cut his palms open and heard his moans of agony. When we shot him in the leg and threw bottles at him.”

He continued unaware of my growing anger. “He didn’t scream though; not once. He was a tough one, we couldn’t get any information from him and when Kradon had no more use for him, he shot Tyler.” He ended with a dreamy sigh.

I started shaking and realised the wind picked up around me, lifting my hair towards the sky. I didn’t realize however that my eyes turned gold. All I knew was this pig was talking about my brother, talking about how they tortured and killed him.

 The wind started howling and the clouds started rolling in. Messing with me is one thing, mess with my family and you’re guarantied death.

 He didn’t even see me coming when I grabbed his neck and squeezed. Gasping for air, he started clawing at my fingers trying to make me release him. He started turning purple when I released him.

 He fell to the floor gasping for breath; I grabbed his collar of his shirt and dragged him up. I punched him in the nose, hearing a crunch and his cry of pain.

I wasn’t in control of my body and I knew I would kill him if I didn’t stop now. I didn’t want to have mercy for this monster that watched and probably took part in my brothers’ torture but I also knew I didn’t want to become a murderer.

 I stepped away from him and closed my eyes, taking in deep breaths trying to slow my heartbeat. I hear groaning and had to fight back the urge to kick him in his stomach. Breathing in deeply I try to find my centre and focus on that.

 After a minute I open my eyes to find the man limping away. I glare hatefully at his back.

 You’re not getting away that easy.

 I run up to him and kick his injured leg; he falls down with a cry of surprise and pain. I run back to get my backpack and grab the rope in it. I walk back to him slowly, trying to get the image of my brother lying dead and alone out of my head.

Once I reached him I grabbed his hands and tied them together, I kicked his stomach when he tried to kick me. I sat on his leg then tied his legs together with his hands. I got up and stared down at the man, then grabbed his knife and threw it at the nearest store without taking my eyes of him. He cringed and looked at the store as the glass shattered and the alarm rang out clear in the now still sky.

 Let the police deal with him, I think, as I walk away and grab my bag on the floor.

 I hear sirens in the distance and I start to run, not wanting to be here when the cops appear. I see a shadow and I all out sprint, not wanting another fight with one of Kradons’ Henchmen.

 I need to process everything and come up with a game plan to stop Kradon and his band of monkeys from taking the one thing my brother new I possessed. The secret he died protecting.

My magic.    

*AND REMEMBER VOTE, COMMENT OR FAN because you'll can... hehe It rhymes.*