After Fright Fest

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Camila, uhm and Dinah and Ally. Mind if I join you guys?"

"Oh, hells no. You think you can pop up out of nowhere and-"

"Sure! Dinah and I were just leaving to go to the, uh, bathroom, though." Ally interrupted Dinah and began pushing her out of the booth.

"But-"

"Sshh!" Ally commanded as she continued to drag Dinah away from the booth against her will.

Camila wasn't really watching her friends though, Lauren's sudden presence had put her in a trance. She was just studying Lauren, trying to figure out whether or not this was a dream. When she finally realized it wasn't and the beautiful, green eyed girl that has been occupying her mind for a week actually was there, in the flesh, and now sitting opposite from her, she mentally cursed herself for not listening to Dinah, dress like you wanna get laid, that shall be my new life motto; oh wait, was she suppose to be mad? Yeah, okay, she'll act mad first then save the trying to get laid part for later. Wow, you go Camila, good plan.

Lauren cleared her throat before softly saying, "Hey, how's it going?"

"It's alright, I've been stressing over midterms all week. You probably would have already known that, though, if you texted me." Camila replied, trying to be sassy. She didn't seem to be very good at it because she was honestly really happy to see Lauren again.

Lauren looked down regretfully before stuttering out, "I-I'm sorry about that. It's, uhm, just that, I, uh, I didn't have enough time." Lauren made up an excuse that was actually sort of true, "I had my midterms this week too."

Hmm, was that enough? No, maybe Camila should push on a little more, "So you couldn't have sent one text? Just one to at least give me your number? If you don't want to, like, talk to me then you don't have to, you don't have to make up excuses."

"No! I do, I do want to talk to you and get to know you. I'm just really stupid, but I promise I definitely would like to talk to you and hang out with you and, uhm, be friends?" Lauren knew she didn't wanna be friends with Camila, hell if she could, she would jump over the table, climb onto of her, and start ripping off her clothes. Probably wouldn't be the smartest thing to do, though.

Camila playfully smirked as she replied, "Alright, I'd love to be your.." Camila paused only for a second as she raised her eyebrow while saying, "Friend." Lauren bit her lip at this, was friend code for something? Because she had never heard that sentence be said so suggestively. "I can't drink this, though," Camila said, hoping she didn't sound like a prude.

"Why? You don't drink?"

"Yeah, I'm not a fan. How did you even get this, by the way?" Camila remembered, from the last conversation they had at Fright Fest, that she was only 19.

"Mani knows a guy who makes really good fake I.D.'s. I actually don't know how she knows him, he looks like a serial killer though." Lauren replied, making Camila laugh. Lauren's smile got wider, feeling very accomplished to be the cause of that amazing laugh.

"Don't mind us, just coming to get our food," Ally said, popping out of seemingly nowhere, with a smile as she reached over to get both her plate and Dinah's, handing it to her as Dinah looked at Camila and gave her a wink.

Ally and Dinah took their plates over to another booth nearby where they sat with Normani. Lauren and Camila both looked curiously at the three of them. "Do you think they planned this?" Camila asked, maybe Normani had exchanged numbers with her friends at Fright Fest and when Lauren hadn't done anything to contact Camila, they decided to take matters into their own hands.

"Oh definitely, no doubt about it," Lauren replied, large smile beaming at her; this is why they loved their friends. Lauren changed the subject as she asked, "Wanna get out of here?"

Camila bit her lip as she nodded then stood up and following Lauren out the door, after leaving money behind for her meal.

--

Camila and Lauren sat on a bench, asking each other random facts of one another, in Central Park; Lauren had said they were to sit there until she knew absolutely everything there is to know about Camila, so basically they were going to be here for a while.

"Favorite book?" Lauren questioned, she was sitting now very close to Camila, dangerously close. Before she was scared to do so, in fear that it would be too much for really the second time they've met.

"Oh, gosh, too many," Camila replied, she gazed up into the night sky as scrunched up her brows in thought; Lauren had noticed she makes that face when she is seriously thinking of something which she, of course, thought was the cutest thing ever. "Mrs. Dalloway, probably."

Lauren raised her eyebrows, impressed, "I've tried reading that book so many times. Don't get me wrong the prose is really beautiful, but reading a book with the plot only being a day long is so boring. How on earth are you able to actually enjoy that?"

Camila laughed then answered with, "Well, it's a different kind of enjoyment, I guess. I admire it, I admire the way the author really relied on the characters inner thoughts to convey the message of her story. I should stop before I bore you, what's your favorite book?"

"You can never bore me," Lauren said as she looked sincerely into Camila's eyes, she hadn't even noticed that she put her arm around Camila's shoulder, she slowly started to lean in.

Just as their lips were touching, Camila shakingly said while looking at Lauren's lips, "You didn't answer my question."

Lauren giggled before she finally filled the small space between them by gently placing a kiss on her lips. Camila immediately kissed back, wrapping her arms around Lauren torso in an attempt to get closer to her. The gentle, innocent kiss quickly turned into a more messy one as both Camila and Lauren started to deepen it until both their tongues started to get in a heated battle with one another, only pulling away after the severe lack of oxygen.

"My favorite book's On The Road, I'm actually probably going to get a tattoo with a quote from it soon." Lauren said nonchalantly, Camila looked at her with goofy grin. Did this girl seriously just make out with her then think they can carry on, directly where they left off, with the conversation they had before? Camila had never been so worked up over a small make out, but she seriously couldn't even talk; she just wanted to attack Lauren's face again. Lauren smirked at Camila, "One day, I wanna hitch hike across the country like they did. Would you come with me?"

Camila nodded, that didn't sound safe, at all; but for Lauren, of course she'd hitch hike across the country, Lauren could suggest they jump in the fucking subway track and Camila would agree to it because that's already the effect that she seems to have on her. "Lauren?"

"Yeah?"

"Shut up and make out with me, please." Camila politely ordered to which Lauren laughed and attached her lip back onto Camila's. They were in the middle of the park, with an old couple watching them in disgust, and probably their friends watching while being hidden in a bush somewhere, but it didn't matter because right now they felt as if they were the only two people in the world.