11. article

TEEN WOLF PREMIERE : [SPOILER] RETURNS AND [SPOILER] IS ERASED?

As the title suggests guys, this chapter will have massive spoilers for the premiere of the first half of Teen Wolf's final season!

Not only was the first episode off to a cracking start as we saw the pack getting ready to (mostly) leave Beacon Hills High School and move onto college, we were instantly thrown into the action of this season's supposed big bad: the wild hunt.

While trying to find out more about the sudden disappearance of a young boy's family, Scott and his friend stumble upon an urban legend much more sinister than they'd ever imagine.

And as the episode developed, we are led to believe that our beloved Stiles was the first of Beacon Hills' main characters to be erased from existence by the ghost riders - but a shocking twist in the final minute of the episode sent the internet into a breakdown last night.

After his emotional last words to Lydia (a definite sign that Stydia will hopefully be end-game!), Stiles was ripped out of his jeep by the ghost riders and to be taken to an alternate dimension.

We are yet to get a glimpse of Stiles in this dimension, although in the last two minutes we were led to believe we were about to see him in the abandoned train station. Instead, as the camera panned into the station, it was not the wonderful Dylan O'Brien's face viewers were shown.

In an unseen twist, it was Levi Hale - a character whose sudden missing presence from season 5 with no explanation for where she had gone - sitting on the bench. This ultimately helped to clear up the plot hole of her not being mentioned at all in season 5 despite being one of the biggest developments since season 3A.

We caught up with showrunner Jeff Davis and Grier Brett who plays Levi over the phone after the episode aired.

Us: Was there always an intention to have Levi leave over season 5?

Jeff: Not really no, it was something that we hadn't considered until Grier decided to take a season break from the show. After that, it became a clear arc for her character if she was to return.

Us: So Grier, what prompted you to leave and then return?

Grier: I take great pride in putting 110% of everything I have into something when I am passionate about it, and that was certainly the case for Teen Wolf. But I was putting so much work in that I was just so wiped out. My social life was dropping, I barely had time to see my brother because I was so exhausted and I was finding it harder to keep good relations with those closest to me. The break was everything I needed, and when Jeff asked me to return for this arc with Levi, I knew I was ready to step back into the limelight.

Us: Any chance one of those fading relations was with your co-alpha, Tyler Posey?

Grier: Tyler and I have always been friends, the media just has a habit of looking at something they don't understand and twisting it to insert us into new narratives that we don't have any interest in being a part of.

Us: Moving on, Jeff, what was it like having Grier back on set?

Jeff: It was like going all the way back to Season 3A again. There was something so pure about the casts reaction to her first day back that really reminded me how lucky I am to be a part of something so much bigger than us all.