Transferred

The world sure was a strange place. After her departure from East Blue, Nami had met giants, seen natural phenomenons beyond all comprehension, had witnessed miracles. She also had the privilege of gaining friendships and awe-inspiring memories of adventure. All because of a carefree captain.

Nami smiled in her sleep. It was only when a loud noise of a disturbed bell rang out, she sprang up fully awake; eyes darting around the room. Within her reach was a phone that she grabbed and upon pressing the snooze button, her brows knotted at the strange device. 'What was it?'

Her vision refocused on the bed sheets. Pin-striped gray. This was not her bed. Nami then sought the company of her roommate but Robin was no where in sight. This was not even her room.

Nami did not recall a kidnapping but being on guard, she felt for her clima-tact but it was no where to be found. Something told her to check her arm. Her tattoo and scar were both gone.

Then came a sigh of someone waking up and Nami scrambled to the other side of the bed to see -much to her relief- her captain. The angle he was in was as if he had fallen off the bed.

"Where am I?" Luffy said sitting up rubbing his eyes and after feeling for his hat, his stomach sank at the empty space.

Nami witnessed all of this. He was facing away from her and and the instant he felt for his hat, she took it off the side table and pressed it on his head.

Luffy's head bobbed downwards from the slight pressure and grinned wide at the reunion. Not forgetting his manners, he turned to thank the presenter.

"Thank you-" Luffy blinked, "Ah-Nami! Do you know where we are?"

He scratched at his scar under his shirt but froze upon feeling that it was non-existent.

"It's gone, isn't it?"

"...Yeah."

"Mine's gone too. See?" She showed her arm and Luffy got up and sat next to her for a closer inspection. Her scar was gone and the last thing he knew about tattoos was that they were permanent. There was no magical soap or sorcery around to simply wash it off.

"You're right."

"Your injuries are gone too." Nami touched his hands and examined his fists. Luffy's eyes followed as her fingers came to gently graze his cheek where he had that nasty bruise. She was correct. He didn't see or feel a thing.

"What about you, Nami?"

Everyone fought so hard the day before. They were without a doubt sore from battle and it would take more than a night's rest to heal.

Nami flexed her arms. "I feel... I feel fine. Look, Luffy. Something's wrong. We need to find the others."

"They're not here."

"How do you know that?"

"I can't sense any of them... This isn't where they live. Where is here anyway?"

"I don't know." Nami released the bun on top her head and fluffed out her hair. Didn't even remember putting it like so the night she went to sleep aboard the Sunny.

"But you're-"

"I know that I'm your navigator, Luffy. But there are things that I know and do not know. Everything here is so strange. I'm just as confused as you are. This doesn't make any sense."

"Yeah."

Nami rose eyebrows at his outfit and hers. They were matching.

"But you know... I can't help but think that all this is all so..." Nami started.