richie's girl

The Losers Club; Bill Denbrough, Eddie Kaspbrak, Richie Tozier, Ben Hanscom, Stanley Uris, Mike Hanlon, and the only female of the group, Beverly Marsh, walk through the double doors of Derry High School. 

Bill is linking hands with Beverly, and they share their own side conversation, reminiscing on the memories they shared together and with the Losers Club the last summer. 

Ben has his nose stuck in another mystery novel, imagining himself as the main character, fighting off strange beasts and demons, which were somehow strangely familiar to his own childhood. 

Stanley and Mike chatter away, about the new record that the King of Music, David Bowie, released that following week. 

Richie has his arm draped around someone noticeably shorter than him, with dark brown hair, chocolate brown eyes and a smile that could spark anyone's eye. 

This person happened to be Suz, Richie's new summer love. Suz met Richie at an ice cream parlor when he was hanging out with his pal, Eddie Kaspbrak. The two had been inseparable ever since, spending countless hours swimming in the Quarry, and sharing milkshakes at the same ice cream parlor they met at. 

Eddie Kaspbrak walks beside Richie and Suz, head down, and ears alert, trying to catch what the couple was talking about. 

Like always, they were talking about how funny the film was that they watched the night before at the local cinema. Eddie rolled his eyes and looked forward, hoping to find someone else he knew so he could have someone to talk to. 

Instead, Eddie remembered that afternoon that Richie met Suz, and it was probably the worst afternoon he had all summer. 

Eddie and Richie bike to Downtown Derry to grab a sundae on a hot, humid afternoon in June.

 School got out just a week ago, and Eddie, Richie, and the Losers have been inseparable. Well, Eddie and Richie were inseparable. The pair hadn't spent a second without hanging together since the last bell of the school year rang through Derry Junior High School. 

Eddie and Richie park their bikes by the incredibly bright, pink benches sitting in front of the ice cream parlor. The two had sat on those benches on many weekends throughout the school year, sharing a milkshake together and laughing about something dumb they did at school the previous week. 

Just because school was out, that didn't prevent the boys from visiting the ice cream parlor almost daily, Eddie always picking a vanilla shake, light on whipped cream, and Richie, picking the newest flavor that came in from the dairy factory a few towns away. 

Richie races to the doors of the parlor, pulling one of the doors open for Eddie, following behind. 

The boys waltz up to the ice cream bar and spin on the cushioned, silver bar stools as an older man greets them at the counter. 

Not even having to hear them say a word, the man reads the boys' orders, knowing exactly what they want due to their regular attendance. 

The two laugh at the old fellow, and wait for him to deliver their orders. Almost immediately, the man returns with Eddie's milkshake, and Richie's ice cream. 

As Eddie sips on his vanilla milkshake and Richie chows down on a big bowl of a medley of ice cream flavors, the doors open again, filling the parlor with a gush of humid air from outside. 

Normally, Richie or Eddie never take any attention to other customers that come in and out of the parlor, but for some reason, they had to see who it was. 

A short girl with long, shiny brown hair walks in, alone. She wears a high-waisted white skirt with a light pink tank tucked in. 

Richie's jaw DROPS. She was probably the most beautiful girl he's ever seen in his whole life. 

Eddie, barely glancing at the girl, immediately looks at Richie to see how he reacts. 

Eddie had always been curious how Richie felt about girls, because Eddie knew that he, himself had no interest whatsoever. The only person that was ever on his mind was Richie. 

Seeing Richie's jaw-dropping reaction made Eddie's heart stop beating. 

Eddie couldn't help but think: Richie's got girls on the brain. I'll never be on his mind. 

Eddie tries to draw Richie's attention back to him, doing anything to ignore the beautiful girl that struck Richie's eye. 

"Hey didn't the Losers say they wanted to meet up at the Quarry today?"

"Oh, I don't know," Richie murmurs, still looking after the girl as she walks to the other side of the parlor, taking no attention to Eddie or Richie when she walked in. 

Eddie sighs, and returned to sipping on his milkshake. 

"Did you see that girl, Eds? She's so fucking gorgeous," Richie says, smiling at Eddie. 

"Sure, she was ok. I've seen better girls," Eddie said, lying obviously cause the best he'd ever seen was Richie. 

"I wanna talk to her," Richie responded confidently. 

"Nah, I don't think that's a good idea. Shit, Richie! She's way out of your league!" Eddie stuttered, trying to make Richie feel insecure about his decision. 

"Who the hell cares! I've got nothing to lose. And besides, everyone has gotta find a summer love," Richie said jokingly, but seriously at the same time. 

"Ok," Eddie hesitates, "I'm just saving you from heartbreak now."

And that was it. Richie left the bar stool and walked up to Suz, starting their relationship together. 

Eddie regrets not being more strict on Richie's decision. Richie talking to Suz ruined everything. No more afternoons sipping on milkshakes or swimming in the Quarry with the Losers. 

It was all about Richie and Suz, Suz and Richie. 

And that, 

was that. 

Eddie shook his head from the depressing memory, and continued to walk through the halls with the love of his life, the Losers, and Suz. 

Yikes that was kinda sad haha...

I kinda want to make a part two and mAybE make it a happy ending idk... that's what fanfics are supposed to end with, right? 

make sure to stick around for the next part!

-k :)