{4}

"You're mad, bonkers, off your head! But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."
Alice Kingsley, Alice in Wonderland.

§

I stared at the whiteboard in front of me, mumbling to myself while pointing at the writing.

"If I go back then he'll probably have come back here. But if I don't go back he could stay there and then I'd be in his body longer." I muttered to myself and wrote that down.

I almost dropped my marker when someone cleared their throat from behind me.

"What are you doing?" Heath asked as I turned around.

"Calculations," I replied and turned around again. I started adding something when I felt a hand on mine.

"Stop. I need to talk to you about something important."

"What is it?"

I put the marker down and sat on the bed, giving him my full attention.

"This is a serious matter and I want you to answer me honestly. Got it?" He asked and I nodded, nervous to what he was going to ask.

"...Where did you get the whiteboard?" He asked and I blinked. I stared at him for a few seconds before I shook my head, slowly.

"I thought you were going to ask me something actually important!" I exclaimed and he laughed.

"Okay, okay, but seriously, why are you up so late?"

"Late?"

"It's 1 AM."

"Wouldn't this be counted as early?" I asked and he sighed.

"I'm serious, Leo," Heath said and I glared at him.

"Angel."

"This is no time to correct me. Now answer my question, why are you up so early?"

How does he know I don't do this on a daily basis?

"I do it all the time and it hasn't done anything to me," I said and he gave me a scowl, which I returned.

"You don't know the effect it'll have on Leo." He said and I sighed.

"I'll catch it up when I'm tired, but right now I would like to continue what I was doing before I was rudely interrupted," I said, glaring at him.

He sighed, rubbing his forehead and said, "At least let me help you. I know Leo the best and I can help."

"Fine," I said and picked up the marker again.

"This is exactly what Leo would do. Let me guess you haven't decided if you're staying or going because if you go he might go too and then you and then you have to get another flight, and if you stay here he might stay too." Heath said and I blushed.

"Maybe."

"Well, I say we wait a couple of days. See if he comes and if he doesn't we go to him." He said and I wrote that down. "How do you still have half of the board left to write on?"

"I have neat handwriting, man," I said and he laughed. We continued until we couldn't think and we went to bed, hugging each other goodnight.

I got into the bed, smiling, knowing that I made friends with one of the roommates.

§

I opened my eyes and was met with Asher's blue ones.

"Um, can I, uh, help you?" I asked and he stared at me for a few more seconds.