“Jack, tell them?” He nods and shuts the back lounge door, giving Alex and I some privacy.

I sit there in silence for a couple of moments, pulling my knees to my chest and wrapping my arms around them. My eyes are focused on the floor until I notice that Alex hasn't moved from his position on the floor next to me. Slowly, I lift my eyes over his long legs, skinny torso, then to his face. Taking a few deep breaths to calm myself, I lay my head on the top of my knees, facing Alex.

“Remember when I came home covered in bruises?” I look up into his deep brown eyes, and feel a slight calm rush over me.

He nods slowly and slides closer to me, so he can hear me over the loud talking in the back. “Yeah.” He pauses for a moment before shaking his head. “You didn't fall and hit your face on your porch did you?”

I shake my head and hide my face in my knees as tears start to fall down my cheeks. I try not to worry Alex too much with my hysterics because it makes his feel uncomfortable.

“What happened, Taylor?” He wraps his left arm around me and pulls me close to him, so I am leaning up against his side.

“You are NOT leaving me to go back there.” Brad says as he paces through the room.

When he gets like this, I know what is coming, so I try to numb myself before it happens. I look up at him and whisper softly, trying to calm him down.

“I have too, Brad. He is my best friend and he needs me.”

“GODDAMMIT TAYLOR!!” He roars and spins around to look at me, anger fills his blue eyes. “I NEED YOU HERE TOO!” He walks over and jerks my up by my arms and pulls me close to him.

“There is nothing I can do now. I paid for the flight already and my bags are packed.” I fight against his grip, knowing it would get me no where.

“You cancel it and unpack!” He tightens his grip on me and shoves me towards the bedroom.

Being the uncoordinated person that I am, my feet get tangled up from the force that he used to shove me, causing me to fall to the floor. “I can't cancel the flight Brad!” I bite my lip, stand and take a slow, shaky breath, looking up at him. “You could always come with me. Meet my family and the friends that I grew up with.”

His laughter booms through the room. “Really now? And leave everything I have made here?”

“See, you have everything you need here. Me going back to Maryland won't bother you one bit.” I point at him.

“What you don't understand, is that I do need you here.” He walks over to me and grabs my arms once again, making deeper bruises.

I wince and bite my lip at his grip. “No you don't. You have the other chicks that you fuck in my bed.”

I feel his hand collide with my cheek before my back and head collide with the wall behind me. “It is not your bed. It's mine, remember?” He pulls back and slaps me again, slipping my lip. “Remember who's house you live in.” He slaps me once again, causing the back of my head to slam into the wall, hard enough to leave a dent.

Gasping, I left my legs buckle under my, causing me to slide down the wall, pulling my knees as close to my chest as possible.

“I don't want to hear anymore.” I feel Alex shaking beside me, and his arms are tight around me.

“There is more that you need to hear though, Alex.” I look up and see Jack, Zack, and Rian standing there.

“He beat the shit out of her for wanting to come home. I don't need to know more.” Alex argues, raising his voice slightly.