twelve

~ age: nineteen ~

"Mark Lee!" Jeno cheered from across the university halls. "My buddy, friend, angel, c–"

"What do you want?" Mark cut off the younger from his 'compliments'.

"Can I not compliment my friend from high school?" Jeno gasped "also can I have 10 dollars?"

"I hate you" Mark said pulling out his wallet and pushing 10 dollars into Jeno's hand.

"Thanks, I love you too, bye!" Jeno ran off towards some kid that Mark doesn't remember the name of but he knows it's Donghyuck's friend.

Mark thinks he has math class but then again, he isn't really sure. He's been back at school for two months and wants to drop out (don't tell his mom that though.)

School is too stressful, with too many deadlines, too many things to do.

The 15 minute walk from his apartment to campus definitely doesn't help.

But Donghyuck does.

Donghyuck had been living with the younger and attending a few classes on the side. Neither of them had much money but that was okay.

The younger had a side job serving at a restaurant when he didn't have class. Mark was told to focus on school more. The too didn't even have a full fridge and the heater's been broken since last March. They didn't have much but then again, it was okay.

Donghyuck is still the same crybaby as before but this time around, he has someone.

Mark is still the same anxious kid but, he has someone.

Johnny passed by again, giving a slight nod before going on his way. Jaehyun followed close behind as if he was in a rush.

Mark moved slowly. The halls seemed hurried but Mark couldn't walk any slower. He knew he'd be late for class but he was already failing anyways.

❣️ hyuck ❣️
i'm getting takeout whether u like it or not

💛 mark 💛
fine but if you get that soup again i'm not eating it

❣️hyuck❣️
more for me lol

It was okay.

///

"I don't care about your visuals or personality but if you like pineapple on your pizza I'm breaking up with you" Donghyuck said as he carried in the cheap, half cold pizza into their apartment.

"It's the worst, I promise" Mark actually didn't mind pineapple on his pizza but he also didn't mind Donghyuck being around him.

The two reheated their pizza in the microwave until it was borderline burnt and soggy.

"This tastes gross" Donghyuck snarled as he continued to eat.

"Still better than that soup."

"That's a lie and you know it, Taeyong doesn't deserve the soup slander" Donghyuck faked pain but can't help chuckling. "He's trying his best."

"You look nice tonight" Mark complimented quietly sending the butterflies afloat.

"I know" Donghyuck said trying to hold back any expression. "You look... okay."

"That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me" Mark placed his hands on his heart "I love you too."

"Yeah, yeah just eat your pizza."

"No I love you? Can't believe our relationship is one sided" Mark complained.

"Stop being annoying" Donghyuck giggled "I love you too."

"Seems fake, but okay."

They finish eating their pizza and Donghyuck swears that it makes him feel like a million ants are attacking his stomach. I guess that's what 3 dollar pizza tastes like.

In the weeks leading up the Mark's midterms everything seems to be going to fast. He doesn't have time to do anything but sit in the library, studying.

❣️hyuck❣️
studying again??

It sounded desperate both of them know.

❣️ hyuck ❣️
be safe, don't overwork yourself too much, love you

Mark feels bad that he doesn't even have the time to reply, his head hurts too much. He's revised physics four times and coding five.

At 11:54 pm, he decides to go home. He enters quietly, trying not to wake up Donghyuck. Mark knows that everything is fine when he sees a plate of food with a note on it.

i'll probably be asleep before you come home so I made food. Heat it for 2 minutes if you don't want it burnt or too soggy. Love you, Markie.
-hyuckie

(Donghyuck overestimated the cooking time it was a little too soggy.)

///

"Mark, how has your relationship with your roommate been?" The landlord asked as Mark picked up his mail.

"Okay."

Okay is an understatement but Mark wanted to keep that to himself.

His pink cheeks gave it away, but you know, it's just the weather. It's always the weather.

///

i think tht's it, it's over, im good, im done!

ty to everyone who read, voted and commented on this story i appreciate a ton!! i love you goodbye!!!

thanks for reading <3