1

She woke up with immense pain resonating all around her body, 

"Gui Fei! You're Awake! " Xian Lao exclaimed with tearful eyes; she almost swore that her mistress' heart had stopped.

"Where Am I?" Huang Chuanha asked softly, standing up only to be greeted by an unfamiliar woman dressed in a traditional outfit.

"You are at the West Palace Guifei! The Emperor never even visited you even if we told him that you are at the brink of your life," Her servant bitterly said.

'Battle of life? guifei? I must be dreaming.' confusion filled her as she started to roam her eyes around the room.

Where is she? Did her mother exile her to some unknown place again?

Aren't I suppose to be dead?

She closed her eyes and recollected herself, suddenly she felt unbearable pain in her head, and unfamiliar memories came, pouring into her mind.

The owner of the memories she is currently absorbing seemed to be a royal consort that fell from grace because the Emperor stopped favoring her. 

At the age of seventeen, she gave birth to her first son and used him for her selfish intentions.

-
She calmed herself down and began to deduce that the so-called memory flashing before her seems to belong to the owner of this body.

I used to laugh at the thought of transmigration and all that useless plot found in those books and dramas, and here I am, lying in the middle of an unfamiliar room with unfamiliar people crying over me.

As a woman of modern times, she did not see anything wrong with how the owner of the body acted, which lady her right mind would like to share her husband like a fool?

The only thing that she thinks that the owner did was to treat her son like shit, for goodness sake, her son is the future Emperor; what if he decides to kill her right after he acquired the throne? That would be a significant disadvantage for her!

"Where is my son?" She asked, calculatingly, for her to survive, she needs a thigh to hug.

Her scum of a 'husband' is not an option; just thinking of how much of a fool the original owner made her skin crawl.

She has decided! her son would be the thigh that she'll tightly hug

Chaohe, Chuanhua's son, doesn't have many memories with his mother; he grew up cold and mistrusting, very much like his father.

This whole scenario reminded her of the life she had when she was in her past life; the boy had suffered enough.

"She is at the care of Junwei you're highness should I call her to bring the First Prince?"

"Yes, bring him to me."

-
"Almighty Guifei! Your son, the First Prince Xao, is Here," The young boy greeted, making her heart shake.

He is like her; at a young age, she was trained to become perfect, and just like this boy, she has no childhood.

"First Prince," she greeted with formality and gesturing for him to sit beside her.

"Guifei," Her son greeted back with the same formality that made her cold heart quiver.

Does he yearn for love, just like how she did when she was young?

"Mufei, call me mufei," She whispered, reaching for the child's hand. 

"M-mufei," he obediently replied with confusion.

"Do you know how you were conceived?" she asked, which doubled Chao He's confusion.

"Chao Er, you were conceived out of the love of both your father and mother and with hopes that your birth will bring more peace to the whole kingdom hence the character 超 (Chao) and 和 (He), which means to be able to surpass the harmony"

She touched  his face and look at him in the eyes and added, "You are the fruit of the love between your parents, but fate was cruel upon me, and the love your father had faded in time." 

"If I am born because of love, then why does Guifei treat me this way?" He sadly asked, tears streaming out of his face.

"Because I am ashamed," she softly said, wiping Chao He's tears with her hands, "this guifei is only a fallen woman, if I get too close to you, your father might hate you too."

"You were born with hopes that you would be a great leader like your father; Mother doesn't want to shatter your bright future just because she lost her favor." 

"But I never wanted a bright future, all I want is Mother," he replied, which broke her heart. 

"I will call you Chaochao starting today; your mother was never a mother to you. I am sorry," She said, tears falling from her beautiful face.

"I promise upon the gods, my son, I will put you first behind everything," She whispered and wiped her tears away with so many promises ahead of her.

She now knows what love, at first sight, feels like the first time that she saw her son, her heart almost stopped.

She will do everything to protect him.

-

Bai Lan came running towards the Main Palace, where the Current Emperor Song Xuanzong resides.

"News for the Emperor!"

"Recite," The Mighty Emperor ordered

"Chuanha Guifei is now awake; she is currently with her son, the first prince Xao."

"Reward"

"May The Heaven bless the Emperor a thousand lives."

Xuanzong scoffed after hearing the news; his Guifei is acting like a doting mother again, hoping to get his attention.

Never will he fall for her acts again, for nothing good will come when he entangled himself with his black belly concubine

"Watch Chuanhua's every action and report to me directly," He told Bai Lan and resumed on what he is doing

tonight he will bed with his empress, the woman he loves, he will never seek for Chuanhua again.