She's alive.

He was smiling, right through me. Every piece of him was breaking me. Shaking, John was trying to get me out of the daydreaming. But no. Some things, I just wont let go of.
Aunickas necklace was tangled around my fingers, dangling down to my knee, and it was falling off each tip.
"Baby, its okay, promise." John pouts as he struggles to pull me out of the thoughts.
They wont break. You cant break my thoughts. You can't break me. My heart was going wild with beats as I fade in and out.
They might save her? Or they might let her die. Alone and afraid.
~~~
"Hi, I want to see Aunicka." I spill as my arms slam into the desk. The week went by quick, and the first thing I did today was go to the hospital. I needed to see her body.
"Of course darling. Give me a few minutes, ill get someone to help you find her." The assistant smiled at me and looked behind her for someone.
"No, I know where she is. Please. I need to see her." I bark lightly at her. She stares for a second, as John comes running up behind me touching my side.
"Okay, then you can go ahead. There will be a doctor in there so assist you." The nurse replies, staring at the two of us, leaving against the desk, breathing heavily.
Grabbing my phone, I text mom I'm home but at the hospital visiting. She never answered so I started running down the hallway to the stairs. They were going to be faster than the elevator. John was barely keeping up as I jumped two stairs at a time.
Stopping quickly at the door, I want to look in the small window, but I can't. Half of me was scared and worried, the other half was curious on why they didnt claim her dead. As I stopped and thought, the door opened by itself anyway. Looking up, aunickas dad was there. Expecting a sad face, he was really smiling. But why?
"Ive missed you, how are you?" He questions as he looks me up and down with his smile. Still confused about the smile, I just stare at him for a few minutes.
"Sorry, shes in there." He finally lets go and steps out of the way and nods at John, who was clinging onto my shirt catching his breath.
I step in and look at the curtain. It was blue and had a cool wave like scene to it. Pushing it out of the way, I see her. She wasnt as mangled. Wasnt bruised. Wasnt dead. Her moniter above here was beeping.
John gasped from behind me and mutters words I was scared of.
"She's alive."
His words echo through me over and over. More pain rose through me by the minute. She wasnt moving, but her heart was beating, slowly.
Walking slowly up to the table, I touched her warm, soft hand. I couldnt believe what was going on.
How can you be alive?
Her heartbeat speeds up a little as I touch her fingers. Could she tell it was me?
Her dad walks back in and smiles again. Not saying a word, he walks over and look at her vitals. They seemed okay, but I still couldnt think this was real.
"Her heart stops every few hours, but she seems okay. Her body somehow kept itself alive from the wreck." Her dad speaks gently and looks at his child. "I'm just happy she is okay."
John was breathing lightly behind me and his breath was touching my neck. Not knowing what to do, I turn around and hug his frozen figure. He hugged me back, but still stared at Aunicka.
"What is it?" I finally ask, starting to worry about him.
He looks up at me with tears in his eyes.
"I know her." He cries out gently and the tears fall from his face.
"What? How?" I become scared of what he meant, and ask abruptly.
"I was, part of that wreck." He mutters and looks me straight in the eyes, burning with tears.