The wicked in the perfection

Chapter 1

Rob unpacked the last box. He spotted Carol in the door way. "There she is! My perfect little angel" Rob spoke as he held his little girl softly. "Tell me Caroline what do you think of maybe, having a baby sister for Christmas. " Carol looked up at him stunned. How could he think that she would want a stinky little loud mouth around to take all the attention?

"Oh daddy, how could I? she would take you away from me I know it! " Carol screamed. She didn't want a sister she wanted to be the only child. "now Caroline," he Yelled. "That is no way to talk about someone who isn't even here to defend themselves." She hated her father for this and would get even with him "soon" she thought "soon."

Months later it was a bright sunny day though there seemed to be something heavy in the air. Jennifer knew something was wrong as her husband left. It seemed that as he left the world felt heavier and heavier. It had grown dark as if it would really rain. Oh, how it needed to rain. Yet, no rain came. It still grew darker and darker. Jennifer became frightened.

Carol had gone with one of her friends from from school. Sky was her only friend. She had the reputation of the strange kid. Carol felt she was lucky enough for sky's friendship. It seemed no one wanted to be friends with the "new girl." She figured it was better than nothing. Sky came in with an interesting book. Caroline had never seen a book like it before.

Sky opened the book. "I found this in my sisters room. Wanna check it out?" She flipped to a page titled curses and spells. Sky didn't get it at first. Her sister was weird but she didn't know she was that weird. Caroline looked at the book and thought to herself. She had found a way to get back at her father. She looks at Sky "Do you want to try one?" Sky smirks and nods. They begin to chant. " As I speak your car will shriek, down you fall, once and for all." The girls giggle expecting it to fail. Just some fun. They laugh at themselves. Sky returns the book. They both head down the hallway descending the stairs to the family room.

Chapter 2

The car flipped and flipped until blood ran from his eyes, and the cuts on his body were infinite. Then suddenly Rob couldn't breath. His world grew darker and everything that created his very existence passed before his eyes in one split second. Finally he became Drowned in his own blood. He no longer felt anything. He passed through a darkness and now there was nothing but a foggy mist around him. He was gone.

It was hard for him to believe. What happened? Why was he here? He struggled through the thoughts. He couldn't leave them. They needed him. The baby was coming soon. He wouldn't be there.

He looked around confused and yet alert. He didn't feel as he had expected. He wanted to be with his wife and children, yet he didn't want to leave. He knew he was gone. He wandered on into the mist.

"Hello, I'm max." A man from behind him spoke. "You must be Rob, your daughter is angry with you. I guess you were on her list." He smirked and began to walk away.

" Hold it! What list?" Rob shouted. Max didn't answer. Soon Rob and Max had arrived at a door. Rob entered without question. As he stood in the room a flash of memories had flooded his brain. Things he didn't know were explained. Everything was answered. He knew now that the list was indeed created and it was real. Just as real as he and Max.

Chapter 3

It had been hours since Jennifer had arrived home and soon after her husband would be there. She had to make supper and make sure Caroline was getting along okay. She called up the girls and talked to Carol. Carol had told her all about the book they had found. Leaving out the chanting part. Although uneasy, Jennifer laughed and agreed it had just been a sleep over prank. There was no way Sky's parents would allow such things in their household. She had assumed they heard it from a movie or perhaps gotten on YouTube. Carol was always amused by the Top 10 scary editions. Jennifer and Carol soon said their good byes. As Jennifer hung up the phone she began to feel dizzy and sweaty. She looked at the time. It was five o'clock when she had gotten home, and it is now eight fifty three. Where was Rob? She thought. He should have been home an hour ago. She sat on the chair by the desk. Her head was spinning worse than it had been before.

Then came a knock on the door. The knock that gave many the feeling of dread.Jennifer answered the door bracing herself for the news. She just knew something was wrong. She found herself gasping for air. She collapsed in the doorway. The officers ran to pick her up and called the ambulance. Jennifer was rushed to the hospital. She lied there unconscious for two and a half hours.

As she awoke she had sworn she saw her husband in the corner. Fully awake she realized it was just a shadow. Jennifer pressed the little nurse button and called for help. She couldn't stop crying. She wasn't physically hurt. There were no bruises or cuts. So, why did she feel so hurt. Her chest felt as if a car had landed on her.

The nurse calmed her down and explained the police would be coming to speak to her in about an hour. Jennifer calms down and looks around the room. She looks at the television and flips through channels. There it was. Her husband's car. It had flipped about ten times and crush the top basically to the floor, with just enough room to sit. She began to cry in silence as the police officer walked in. He looked at the television and back at Jennifer.

He cleared his thought and began. "Mrs. Constateli, I'm terribly sorry for what your going through," Jennifer looked up at him and wiped her tears. He continued." Is there anyone you would like me to call?"

Jennifer bit her lip and gulped. The thought of telling Caroline made the pressure on her chest get harder. She knew she had to tell her. Jennifer spoke her voice cracking through the tears. "I need to call my daughter. She is at her friend's house. I cant remember the number. It's written down on my desk," She lies back. "She's at the Lander's on Colton Street."

The officer gives his condolences again and drives on to the Lander's home. He knocks on the door and asks for Caroline. Mrs.Lander standing shivering calls for her daughter and Caroline to come downstairs. Holding tears she tells Caroline that her mom had fallen and the officer would take her to her mother.

Image found @ https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.centreofexcellence.com%2Fwiccan-religion%2F&psig=AOvVaw2C-IvT-4YcFExF2MYO7jxB&ust=1582672876299000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCODK9_Kp6-cCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD