16,393 LIKES | 9,373 COMMENTS

scoutrgallagher: why do u hate me so much,,, also doge typing is an outdated meme

finnwolfhardoffical: i l o V e yO uU

|
(i was gonna do all the losers' birthday posts but ya girl got through 3 and i'm too lazy to find more pictures of joey king for this oops)
|

'So, I'll wait outside," Scout mumbled, trying to wrap her head around Wyatt's plan to surprise them, "And answer the skype call, and then know on the door?"

"Yeah," Wyatt laughed as they parked in Chosen's driveway, "Thanks for the ride, mom"

"Have fun," Wyatt's mom said to him, then turning her attention to Scout, "Sure you don't want a ride home?"

"Oh, it's fine," the younger girl smiled politely, "I can just get an Lyft or something, I don't want you to have to drive out of your way"

"Okay, sweetie," she smiled, "If you change your mind just let me know"

Scout nodded, following Wyatt out of the car. We walked halfway up the sidewalk that led to the door before he stopped me, "You stay here and wait, I made sure we showed up late enough so that we can start the call like right when I get here"

"I know, Sophia's texting me complaining about you being late," Scout smiled, holding her phone so tight she felt her fingers start to ache.

Wyatt jogged up the steps, letting himself into the house and yelling, "I'm here!"

"Finally!" Sophia groaned from her spot on the floor next to the couch. All his friends sat there, huddled around Sophia's laptop, Scout's skype account already up and waiting.

"Sorry," he mumbled, kicking off his shoes by the door and dropping his backpack, "There was a lot of traffic"

"Whatever, come on," Jack rushed him, patting the spot on the couch next to him, "If we don't hurry she's gonna skip out on her own party"

Wyatt smiled, sitting down. He was getting jitters knowing she was just outside, it was like he needed to be with her constantly to feel like she was actually there.

Sophia pressed the call button, and it rang for about 20 seconds before Scout's face popped up, "Hi guys!"

They all yelled their own greetings out at the same time before Sophia raised her eyebrows, "Why is it dark? Where are you?"

"On my way to a birthday party," Scout said, her voice feigning guilt. Wyatt played along, trying his best not to smirk.

"Are you serious, S?" he sighed, "You're going to a different party?"

"I didn't say that," she smiled, hanging up the call.

Sophia turned to look at Wyatt suspiciously, "Wya-" She was cut off by the doorbell ringing.

They all stared at him in amazement while he laughed before Jack sprung up from the couch, climbing over Wyatt and practically falling to the floor as he sprinted to the front door, following closely by Finn, Jaeden, and Chosen.

Sophia and Jeremy still sat looking at Wyatt before it clicked in their minds, scrambling to run to the door.

"S!" Jack screamed, pulling open the door and tackling the girl in a hug.

"Hi!" she yelled back, coughing out a laugh as they all piled onto the hug that was taking place on the hallway floor, "Guys, I can't breathe"

One by one they all got off her, Jack extending his arm out to help her up, "How did you get here?"

"I have a shoot with LA CANVAS, they flew me out," she said, hugging him again.

She hugged them all in a row, before she made her way to Wyatt, him putting his arm around her shoulder, "Surprise"

"God, I hate you," Sophia laughed, wiping her eyes of the small tears that had formed, "We're supposed to surprise you on your birthday, not the other way around"

"I'm sorry," Scout said, hugging her again, "I missed you guys, and since Wyatt was the only who knew I might have gotten the shoot, I wanted to surprise you guys"

"Mission accomplished," Jack said, leaning on the wall behind him, "I'm winded. When bae takes your literal breath away"

"Shut up, dork," she moved to Jack, hugging him for a third time, "I missed you"

Jack felt his cheeks heating up as he hugged her back, "I missed you too, S"

|

"That party was lit," Jack said as him and Scout stepped into the elevator of their hotel. After they figured out that Jack had been staying in the same hotel as her for his time in LA, she rode home with him.

"Never say that to me again," Scout laughed as the elevator stopped at his floor.

"Hey, do you want your birthday present now?" Jack asked before he got out of the elevator, "I was gonna sent it to you but now you're here, so"

"Jack, you didn't have to get me anything," she sighed, following him out of the elevator anyway. They made their way to his room, letting themselves in. Scout stood awkwardly by the door as Jack scrambled around to pick up all the clothes he had thrown all over the room.

"Here," he mumbled, pulling a little bag out of one of the drawers of the dresser in the corner of the room, handing it to her, "Happy birthday"

She smiled at him, her cheeks turning pink as he handed it to her, "Jack, you didn-"

"Stop saying I didn't have to, I wanted to," he laughed, his hands stuffed into his pockets as she sighed, pulling the tissue paper out of the bag and carefully setting it down on the table next to her. She pulled the small box out of the bag, her mouth dropping open as she pulled the top off the box.

"Oh my God," she said in a hushed voice, tears pulling to her eyes as she pulled the necklace out of the box carefully, "Jack"

"It's a locket," he pointed out excitedly, "Open it"

He was excited to send it to her, but he was even more excited now that he got to see the look on her face when she opened it.

She pulled open the two sides of the silver pendant that hung from the necklace, tears actually rolling down her cheeks as she smiled. One side held a small picture of her and all the losers the night before they left when they stayed at her apartment. Sophia had set up her camera on the TV stand, running back to the couch and plopping down on the floor before the timer went off. Scout was sitting between Finn and Jaeden, her eyes squeezed shut with how big she was smiling, both Jaeden and Finn kissing both her cheeks.

The one on the other side was a picture of her and Jack, them standing against the railing on the top of the empire state building, the place she dragged them all on their second day together, her laughing as Jack held onto her for dear life, scared of being up so high.

"I love it," she said, a small sob escaping her lips as she pulled the necklace over her head, holding onto the locket tightly as she smiled at Jack. She pulled him into a hug, her head leaning on his shoulder, "Thank you so much"

Jack just nodded, feeling a lump of nerves rise up in his throat as he hugged her back, and felt her pulling away slightly. His eyes looking down at the smaller girl for a couple seconds before he leaned down and pressed his lips against hers.

It was a quick peck, so quick Scout barely noticed it was happening. But when she finally realised what had happened, she slowly backed away from her friend, "I uh, I have to go"

"Scout, I-"

"I need to be back upstairs by 11, bye Jack," she rushed, her fingers fumbling to open the door and step out into the hallway, slamming the door behind her.