Chapter 2: Hook, Line and Sinker!

Start from the beginning

I walked down to the park and sat on the bench to rummage through my bag. I heard someone come running up behind me. I turned quickly, only to be pounced on by a small girl with golden brown curly hair.

I laughed, laying on my back in the grass, “Hi Ashley!” I picked her up and threw her up in the air.

She giggled, “Haha! Yay!!! Wee! Do it again!” she squealed.

I repeatedly threw her up, catching her every time.

“Ashley! C-mon!” yelled a young jealous looking boy. He had blonde hair and a dark green shirt on. Ashley seemed to ignore him, telling me to keep throwing her.

“But, sweetie, look,” I pointed at the boy, “he wants to play with you.”

“That’s just Cameron, he’s just a stupid boy!” she yelled loud enough so the young boy would hear.

“Well...” I thought my words up carefully, “You know, it’s better to play with them now...you know, while they’re young?”

“Why?” she looked interested.

Hook.

“Because, do you know what happens when boys get to be MY age?”

Line.

“What?!”

“They get serious cooties! You don’t want cooties do you?!” I yelled tickling her sides.

“Ahhhh!!! Noooo!!!” she ran away, nearly kicking me in the face as she got off of my stomach.

“And sinker,” I said, smiling to myself in a triumphant way.

“You’re really good with kids,” Anna said to me with her hand out.

I took it and she helped me up.

“Thanks, I always wanted a little sister.”

“You want mine?” she asked me sarcastically.

“No...” I answered seriously, “She’s too sweet. Actually, I don’t think I would want a sister...she would have been scarred for life...” I was staring at the sky. I hadn’t even really noticed that I was speaking out loud until I looked over at Anna. She had a confused look on her face.

“Wha-”

“Uhh don’t ask, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have even said that.”

“No! Talk to me! I want to know more about you. Please?” she asked with a pout.

I melted like an M&M in the sun.

“I-I can’t tell you everything,” I stated, “But...what do you want to know?” I asked with a smirk.

“First off, what the hell happened to you earlier?” she gestured to my lip.

“Well...” I started, “I was feeling kind of shitty about myself earlier. So I ended up calling up my...uh...friend, Lisa-”

“Yeah, for sex, gotcha!” she put a thumb up in the air.

My eyes went wide but then I nodded and went on, “She was a little bit more...uhhh...I don’t know how to say this without offending woman-kind.” I said with a smirk.

“Just say it!”

“She had her period.”

“Ohh! Haha! Ewy!”

“Yeah, tell me about it. The thing is, she still wanted to do it! I said no, cause that’s gross, and that’s when she hit me. She called me ‘useless emo scum’ so I ran off, cause I didn’t want to lose my temper and end up hitting her back. Then she screamed that she would have her brother after me,” I stopped a second so I could LAUGH! “So funny! Her brother is a five foot four inch dork with braces and a lisp!” I was cracking up and so was Anna.

“Seriously?! Why the hell would she even threaten you with him?!” she was holding her side and laughing with me.

I stopped and looked at her seriously, “Oh, I don’t know. I may not be the biggest guy in the world-”

“Awww-Bummer!”

“Hey! Not like that!” I laughed at her pervertedness! “I meant my build! Don’t you worry about what’s down there,” I pointed at her in a ‘naughty girl’ motion.

“Haha! How tall are you anyway? You’re defiantly a lot taller than me.”

“I’m about 6’1”, you?”

She face-palmed herself, “I’m only 5’ 5”!!!!!” she yelled at me, pushing me in a friendly way.

This girl is actually kind of fun!

“So, next question?” I asked her.

She let out one more laugh, “Okay, so what was your childhood like?” she asked me.

My heart stopped.