1/1

Junhong sits up in bed after a few hours of attempting to sleep but nonetheless it's inevitable. He's well aware that he has trouble sleeping in unfamiliar places and his fiance's bed was definitely one of them.

He'd been avoiding staying over for some time now, yet the Bang's insisted that he stay the weekend of Thanksgiving. His parents had been there during the dinner but they'd left their youngest son in the hands of his future in laws as they drove back home.

The large grandfather clock downstairs chimes loudly as midnight comes upon them and Junhong glances down at Bang Yongnam who is curled up against his side. The wedding was approaching soon, considering they've been engaged for over half a year now and Junhong can safely say he's more than infatuated.

Perhaps love was too strong for what he felt as of now but he felt he could come to love the man. He was charming in his ways and very attentive to his needs, Junhong knew that this was all a business deal but at least they could make something more out of the contract.

With a weary heart he decides to walk it off. Possibly head down to the kitchen to grab a drink before going right back up to bed, the last thing he wanted was to be accused of anything because walking around at midnight in a mansion was definitely suspicious.

Junhong carefully unwounds the man's strong arms from his waist and he lets his sock clad feet touch the cold wooden floors. It was Summer and so the air conditioning was working at full blast to keep them from heating in the sauna outside.

With his phone left on the dresser he leaves the room. Junhong enters the large hallways with dark cherry wooden floors and burgundy walls. He can see numerous certificates and diplomas framed on the walls, probably because these all belonged to Yongnam.

Junhong knew that his fiance's parents lived in the centre wing, yet he wondered what all of the west wing was for. When he'd voiced his curiosity at dinner, Yongnam had simply grimaced and told him it was an old area where the servants lived that needed to be rebuilt. He hadn't questioned it even though it was certainly questionable.

He makes his way down the slope of a staircase and enters the large doorway on his right when he sees the dining room. Junhong ventures further and he discovers the kitchen. Even though it was midnight he was pleased to find it empty and he hurriedly finds a clean glass before he fills it to the brim with water.

Junhong then waddles out to the dining room and he sits at the chair he had been sitting in yesterday evening. He crosses his legs up onto the chair and hugs himself because the house was definitely cold and the water straight from the fridge only froze him further.

From this spot he can see the front foyer. Junhong can see the bottom of the large chandelier sitting in the middle of the high ceiling, the staircases hang down from both sides till they meet on the top floor. The mansion is undoubtedly eerie at this time, what with all of the open space and emptyness.

Aside from the odd artifact here and there the house was quite barren from this angle. He didn't even know where the living room was but he knew that the deck out back was covered in furniture. Junhong sips his water nervously and he reminds himself that when he falls asleep again he'll wake in the morning.

Then it's only another two days in this place before he can return to the comfort of his own. Junhong sets down the empty glass and he licks his lips free of water before he squirms in his seat. He should really head back to Yongnam's room before the other man awakens and sees him missing.

However, an odd light coming from the doorway leading to the west hall on the top floor catches his eye. Could that be a burglar? Possibly someone who's trying to steal something? Junhong doesn't think twice as he rises from his seat, using his socks to his advantage as he slides across the floor.