Only The Beginning

Start from the beginning

         “We are going to kill the Golden Trio. They killed the Dark Lord, they have to die!” said my father.

         “No! You can’t do that!” I heard myself say. It just sort of fell out of my mouth before I could stop it.

         “What do you mean? Of course we can do it!” yelled Lucius but was cut of by Fenrir.

         “And we’ll start with that disgusting mudblood.” He growled. I pointed my wand at him.

         “No! You can’t do that. I will not allow it!”

         “Why not, my son?”

         “I… well, I…”

         “Don’t think we didn’t see you with her, you little blood traitor!” sneered Fenrir. My mouth was hanging open; I had absolutely no clue! I didn’t have a problem with the other students seeing her and me together. But my father? Lucius fucking Malfoy? And Fenrir Greyback? This couldn’t be good!

         “Yeah, we were the ones casting the curse that made her fly into that wall!” Fenrir cackled.

         “What?” I yelled, “Why the fuck did you do that?”

         “We hoped the collision with the wall would have killed her. It would have looked like it was that redheaded blood traitor who killed her. Potter would have turned against him, and it would have been easier to kill them when they weren’t always with each other.” Explained my father.

         “You men are repulsing! I will never help you with your sick need of revenge.” I sneered and turned around.

         “Oh no, it won’t be that easy to leave us!” yelled Lucius behind me, “CRUCIO!”

A sudden pain shot through me. I screamed as I fell down on the hard stone floor. I had experienced this kind of torture before, last year the Dark Lord had tortured me for failing my task. But this was different, the pain was worse. It felt like every part of my body was ripped apart and then put back into place, just to be ripped out again.

But then the pain was gone.

I couldn’t move. I was in so much pain, a small moan escaped my lips and I felt a stream of hot tears running over my cheeks and down onto the stone. I heard footsteps coming closer, and I prepared myself mentally for whatever was going to happen. One of the men bent down next to me and I felt his breath against my face.

         “This is only the beginning.” Whispered my father into my ear.

My eyes shot open and I sat straight up in my bed. My bed was soaking wet from sweat, I looked frantically around the room. I had a hard time controlling my breath, I felt the tears on my face and I let out a sob. What had just happened? That dream had felt so real; I could almost still feel the pain in my bones. I had never had a panic attack before, but I was pretty sure this was how it felt like. I slowly stood up and made my way to my bathroom. The light burned in my eyes after being in my dark room, but I didn’t care. I stripped out of my pyjama bottoms and boxers and went in my shower. The warm water had a calming effect on me; my breathing slowly returned to normal, and, after some time, the tears stopped as well.  I now needed Hermione more than ever. Not just for my own benefit, but I needed to check on her. Something was not right. This dream meant something.

I sighed and put both of my hands on the wall in the shower, and leaned my forehead against it as well. I knew what I needed to do.

……