“Congratulations!” Draco jumped as people shouted at him once the ringing in his ears from apparating disappeared.

            Draco looked around the living room, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Emily, Austin, and the two Weasley twins stood around him smiling. “What’s going on here?”

            “We’re celebrating you finally becoming an auror, Drakie kins,” Fred cackled as he winked at him.

            “Daddy, can we see the plaque you got? Uncle Harry said you got one!” his eleven year old daughter, Emily, bounced up and down, her brown curls bounced with every move while her eyes got huge and she looked at him with those steel grey eyes.  

            Harry handed her the plaque Draco had left on his desk and she turned to her older brother Austin and the two looked at it as if it were the single most interesting thing they’d ever seen.

            “Also, Emily and James got their Hogwarts letters today so we’re also celebrating that,” Hermione spoke up.

            “Well, we already knew she’d get in. She’s my special little bug,” Draco joked as he tossed Emily’s hair.

            Draco walked over to Hermione and hugged her tightly before wrapping an arm around her waist. The night was filled with talk and laughter as the adults sat up late talking about news and the kids got tired as they stayed up past their bedtime. Around two in the morning Draco lifted Austin up while Hermione held Emily in her arms, the two apparated into their home where they placed them on the sofa.

            “Every day I look at them I just can’t believe they’re ours,” Draco whispered as Hermione leaned into his chest as they watched the two sleep. Austin’s blonde hair fell into his eyes as he shifted while Emily curled under the fleece blanket Hermione had placed on her.

            “I can’t believe you’re mine,” Hermione whispered as she kissed Draco lightly on the lips.

            “I can’t believe that you gave me another chance all those years ago,” Draco mused.

            “If I didn’t, we wouldn’t be sitting here right now,” Hermione shifted so her legs were draped over Draco’s lap with his arm around her shoulders as she smiled at him.

            “Remember we’d sit like this all the time at school? We’d spend hours just talking,” Draco mused as he took Hermione’s hands and kissed them. Hermione nodded and they fell silent again as the two children shifted in their sleep.

            “Would you go back and fix that?” Draco whispered. Referring to Hermione’s earlier statement, something in the back of his mind felt like telling him that this was all a dream that he’d wake up from some day. But he wanted to know, he needed to know if Hermione had any doubts about how her life was going so far.

            Hermione moved closer and took his face in her hands as she smiled, “not for one second, Draco.” Draco kissed her and rubbed her legs as they sat in peaceful silence.

            “I love you, Hermione,” Draco whispered as he cupped her chin in his hand and brought her lips towards his.

            “I love you, Draco,” Hermione whispered back. 

***

“Hurry kids we’re going to be late!”

            “We’ll be alright love,” Draco kissed Hermione’s hand as they walked through the train station and towards the pillar that led to the Hogwarts Express.. Draco stood next to Emily’s cart and smiled down at the brunet, she looked up at him with her steel grey eyes and smiled nervously back before they walked towards the barrier together. When they appeared in front of the train Draco laughed at the shocked look on her face as she studied the train.

            Hermione was helping Austin while Draco stooped down to hug his daughter, “now Emily, remember what I told you.”

            Emily’s grey eyes widened a little as she nodded, “you’ll be proud of me no matter what house I get into.”

            Draco pulled Emily into a hug and nodded, “and I want a letter about your classes as soon as possible.” Emily smiled as Draco patted her brown curls, he kissed her cheek and smiled back, “be good love.”

            Emily ran to hug Hermione while Draco pulled his son into a hug, “you’ll take care of your sister right Austin?”

            Austin smiled as he brushed his blonde hair from his face, “I promise dad.”

            Draco hugged Austin before taking his trunk and carrying it to the train, “and try to stay out of trouble. We’ll be here to pick you up for the holidays alright?”

            Austin smiled as his brown eyes searched over the sea of people, “Dad I think I see Harry!”

            Draco looked around and noticed him standing with a sea of red heads, when he caught Harry’s gaze he smiled and nodded his head towards him. “Just be good Austin and make sure Emily doesn’t get into trouble.”

            Austin nodded before boarding the train closely followed by Emily, Draco and Hermione each hugged them one final time before the train whistle howled signaling that they would be leaving the station soon. As the train slowly moved out of the station Draco and Hermione smiled and waved as Emily and Austin waved from one of the compartment windows.

            Draco kissed Hermione on the forehead and smiled down at her, “let’s go see if Harry and Ginny want to go to lunch shall we?”

            Hermione nodded as they walked off towards their friends. “Do you think they’ll be alright?”

            Draco smirked, “they’re our children. I’m sure they’re going to be alright, Austin is tough and Emily is a good girl. Together they’re going to be perfectly fine.”

            Hermione wrapped her arms around Draco as they walked towards Harry and Ginny.

~*~*~

I had to get the train scene in, I had it written that way originally and then I added the auror stuff this morning so yeah.

I really hope you liked this story and that I didnt waste your time reading it! Please comment and tell me what you think! I really had fun writing this and reading all of your comments, I'm working on another story but this time for George Weasley (and I already have a Fred one)

Thank you so much for reading this, voting, and commenting, it always made my day to see votes and comments :) thank you <3