Chapter 2

I turned towards the Same lady who left me and my brother 11 years ago to go live and be with her boyfriend in Miami. The same lady who made us fend for ourselves.. the Same lady who was pregnant with her boyfriends baby and now has her standing in front of me like nothing happened.

" Why are you here?" I asked with pure disgust.

"I wanted to come see my babies-" I stopped her mid-sentence.

"I'm not your baby and I Damn sure don't wanna see you!" I rolled my eyes and made my way into the kitchen to empty my plate. As I threw my plate away Dominic walked over to me pulling me into a hug. I didn't notice I was crying until he wiped my tears.. 

"You wanna talk about it? " I shook my head no.

" I just want to go to sleep. " It was the honest truth I knew if I stayed downstairs they were still gonna try and talk and Ion have time so I was just gonna stay in my room until she leaves even though I know imma regret it later Because Michael is gonna yell at me but right now I don't care..  

Dominic walked me to my room and sat on my bed with his back against the headboard while I laid down resting a pillow on his lap and laying on top of it. If it's one thing I love about Dominic is even though he is annoying as hell..  he still is always there for me.when I need him.

"Bubba?" That's was my nickname for him.

"Yeah? " I asked as he played in my hair.

" How come you always act like you hate me like honestly not tryna be on no soft shit but like I really,  really do like you and I've been here for you since your mom left and everything, I tried to get with you... you denied..." It was true. Dominic and Michael have been Best friends since 1st grade now they're 17 going on 18 .. and Michael has been here through it all as if he was our brother .

" The fact that I kept denying you wasn't Because of who you were I was just hurt at the simple fact that my mom was gone I just didn't want to feel anymore pain then what I already had.." I felt the tears coming but I tried so hard not to let them fall.

"I understand but I wanna be here for you mentally and emotionally.. I want to show you that I'm always going to be here for you no matter what!  " I smiled and sat up sitting on his lap after moving the pillow . I laid my head on his chest and played with his chain.

" Monae I'll be your ride or die If you be mines..."  I looked him in his eyes.. 

"Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?" He nodded.

"...."