--

Liam and I walked into a ring shop called ‘I Fancy the Diamond’ and looked around. Velvet red carpeting covered every square inch of the shops floor. Shiny diamonds glistened throughout the store, and Liam and I walked over to the main desk.

“Hi, welcome to I Fancy the Diamond’. I’m Barbara. How may I help you?” the woman greeted us with a subtle smile. She had blunt-cut, pin straight black hair and green eyes, and wore a black and grey business suit.

“We’re looking for rings. Any suggestions?” Li asked. I’m guessing he’s never done this before.

“Oh, so you’re a couple? Well, we—“I cut her off,

“Fuck no! He’s got a girlfriend.” I explained laughing.

“Oh, I’m extremely sorry on behalf of my confusion. Mr. Payne, come with me please.” She dragged him to a portion of the store. Now I’m bored.

--

SKYLARS POV

I invited El and Dani over because everyone left; Louie went off to the studio to write, Harry (who promised me dinner tonight for ditching me) went to an Eagles concert, Li and Zayn went to some shoppes in London, and Niall went out somewhere with some girl.

The doorbell rang, and assuming it was El and Dani, I opened it. To no surprise, it was the girls, holding a bag from the market.

“Sky!” Dani hugged me. I hugged El as well. El was in Lou’s red beanie, some gray sweats, a purple tee that read ‘i hate it when you say i’m cute’ with a cat emoji on it. Dani was wearing a cute crop top with black sweats and Toms, and Liam’s over-sized leather jacket.

I wish I could wear Zayn’s clothes.

--

Eventually, we settled and popped Bride Wars into the DVD player.

“So… any new Zayn news?” El smiled. I bit my lip and blushed. Should I tell them about earlier?

“Nope!” I smiled, nodding my head.

“You’re so lying, Sky. Fess up!” Dani spoke in her little accent that I just adore to the core (it’s something we came up with a while ago)!

“Ugh. Okay, okay. There was.. erm… we almost had a sexual encounter….” I bit my lip even harder.

“Oh my god!” Dani and El gasped, fangirling. I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Was he good?”

“Did he tell you he loved you?”

“How long did it last?”

The girls bombarded me with questions.

“Girls, I said almost! We didn’t have sex.” I explained. Frowns surfaced their flushed faces.

“Well, do you wish something did happen? Like, do you love him or something?” they asked in unison. Did I?

“I dunno, honestly. I kinda wish it was a moment, and not an almost-sexual-event.” I explained, playing with my fingers. They looked at each other and cracked a smile.

“You do love him.” They chorused. Do I love Zayn? No… yes… maybe… I don’t know! Love is so confusing!

“What should I do?” I asked. They thought for a moment.

“Just wait. He’ll come around. He loves you, a lot, Sky. He’d die without you.” El smiled, making me smile as well.

“God, I hate being the girl who falls head over heels in love with the guy who barely stumbles.” I grunted, folding my arms. The girls began laughing. “It’s not funny!” I chuckled.