t w e n t y t h r e e

Beginne am Anfang

"For now. We still have 12 minutes."

"True."

We begin to gather our carry on bags while the flight attendants stroll through the isle to collect garbage. By this time Kevin and Esther have woken up (like five minutes ago), and they groggily collect their things as well. Scott and Mitch have been ready for like ten minutes, so they sit with big smiles on their face. What happened between them?

I let it slide and we arrive at the airport in no time. Kirstie and I jump up, eager to be off the plane. We stretch and budge in line to get off, ignoring the rest of the group wanting in from us.

"Can't decide if I like tour busses or planes better," I comment to Kirstie.

"Busses for sure."

"I guess I agree. It's just us six, and we can move whenever we want."

"And it's easier to cuddle."

"That too."

"And we probably won't crash."

"Well-"

"Don't say it."

"What?"

"You're going to say how planes are like a gajillion times safer than cars, and I don't care. Big pieces of metal with hundreds of people in them do not belong in the sky."

"I was not."

"So what were you going to say?"

"Nothing."

"Sure."

We make our way to the tour bus and load everything up. Kirstie tries to superman into her bunk, but ends up landing flat on her face while laughing.

Her bunk is on the top, and I don't see how that ever could've been a good idea.

I help her up, and we crawl into her bunk together.

"I've missed the bus."

"Everyone misses the bus on break."

"True," she laughs.

"You smell good," I say, burying my face into the crook of her neck. She tilts her head it rests on mine.

"Thanks?"

"Like... sweet."

"I never put perfume on."

"Well, your natural scent is good."

"Thanks? You sound tired."

"I am."

"Me, too. Plane rides make me sleepy."

"Same."

Kirstie scoots down so she's facing my chest and I wrap my arms around her waist.

She's so small and cuddly.

"Goodnight, babe."

"Goodnight."

"I love you."

"I love you more, though."

"Impossible."

We giggle and drift off into a sleep, happy to be back on tour.

---

"Aviii," I'm awoken to Kirstie wriggling around in my tight grasp around her waist.

"Hm?" I reply sleepily. She giggles, and I remember she loves my morning voice.

"I'm trapped."

"What?"

"I cannot get out of my bunk, babe."