The Zoo

"So what do you want to do today?"

Becky Pov

"Let's go to the zoo!"

"The zoo?" Kelley asked confused.

"Yes the zoo! We have the day off today, and I don't have to be home until 9, and I just need to get outta the house."

Kelley laughed at me getting all excited about the zoo. "Okay yeah we can go to the zoo. Let me text Alyssa and see if she wants to come with us, and then we can go."

Kelley pulled out her phone to I assume to text Alyssa, while I went upstairs to change out of my clothes from yesterday.

I got up to my room and decided I was gonna wear a pair of black ripped skinny jeans with a white crew neck and a pair of  white converse. I decided to put my hair up in a messy bun because it a little warm outside today.

As I got done putting my hair up I heard someone knock on the door, and I ran down stairs to see who it was.

I went down the stairs and rounded the corner to see that Alyssa had arrived. "Hey Alyssa!" I said as I wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Oh! Hey Becky. You ready for the zoo today?" she said turning around facing me.

"Um Duh. I picked it. I can't wait to see all the diffrent animals."

Kelley chuckled as she spoke up. "So y'all ready to go?"

Me and Alyssa both nodded quickly as we exited the door and went to down to the car.

As we reached the car I went over to the drivers door when I heard Kelley yell at me, "Oh hell nah. You ain't driving Rebecca Sauerbrunn. You just shot down 4 shots of whiskey. I am not letting you drive."

I stomped my foot in protest. "Kelley I'm fine. I can drive."

"NO." She said in a stern voice. "Now hand me the keys so we can go enjoy the zoo."

I huffed and reluctantly handed over the keys and got into the back seat.

"As long as I get to control the aux cord I'll be happy."

All Kelley could do was laugh as she handed the me the aux cord.

_____

After jamming to some tunes for 15 mintues, we finally arrived at the zoo.

We got out and stretched our legs before going up to the gate to get our tickets.

We payed for our tickets and made our way into the front. Alyssa grabbed a map and opened it. "So do you want to start with the flamingos or the hippos first?"

I looked at Kelley to see what she wanted to do when she told me, "You pick Becky. I don't care what we do first."

I was kinda shocked that Kelley didn't pick, but I replied, "Let's go to the flamingos first. Most people always start with the hippos."

They both gave a nod and we were off.

_____

We saw the flimingos, tigers, cheetahs, birds and monkeys when we decided it was a good time to take a break and eat a late lunch.

We all grabbed a salade with a water and found a nice little table in the shade and started eating.

Kelley was the first one to speak up. "So how have you been Becky?"

I hesitated for a minute before putting on a forced smile. "I've been good. Me and Nick have been thinking about a mini vacation when we both get a couple of days off."

Kelley looked suprised. "Oh that's cool. Any ideas where yet?"

"No not really. It's mostly just been some taking about it. But enough about me. Let's talk about Kelley." I looked straight at Kelley wanting to know answers. "What the hell did you drink last night? You can usually hold your alcohol, but I had to pull over last night so you could puke."

Kelley looked all around but me and Alyssa. "I honestly don't know what I drank last night. I don't even know what happened. I don't remember much of it."

I nodded in approval not wanting to push her.

As Kelley got done speaking my phone rang.

*Unkown number*

"Hello?" I asked carefully.

"Is this Rebbecca Sauerbrunn?"

"Yes this is Rebbecca, may I ask who is calling."

"This is the county jail. I wanted to tell you that Nick Wheeler is currently in our possession awaiting bail."

"Oh. Um okay. I'll be there as soon as possible. Thank you for calling me."

"Anytime. Have a nice day Ms. Sauerbrunn."

"You too."

"Mother fucker," I quietly whispered to myself.

"Who called you?" Alyssa asked curiously.

"It was the county jail. Nick has been arrested." I let out a sigh. "This was suppose to be my day off, and I was suppose to be able to spend the day with my friends, but no I have to go bail Nick's ass out of jail."

"It's fine Becky. Alyssa said reassuringly. "We had a good part of the day."

Looking down defeated. " I know.. Let's just go, and get him before it gets to late."

We both nodded and we threw away our trash and slowly made our way to the exit of the zoo.

As we exited the zoo I looked back one more time and thought. 'this was one of the best days in awhile.'

_____

Hey guys. I hoped y'all liked this chapter. I'm sorry for any mistakes I have in this story.

Please give me some votes please :)

Thanks for reading!