"By whom—" Tony started, only to be interrupted by Clint casually tossing two darts at the bullseye. Clint tried to downplay it as if it were no significant feat.

"Parties unknown."

"Do we have an ally?" Natasha inquired.

"Ultron's got an enemy. That's not the same thing. Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is."

"I might need to visit Oslo," Tony suggested, "find our 'unknown.'"

"Well, this is good times, boss, but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that," Natasha remarked.

"I do. I have you," Nick responded. "Back in the day, I had eyes everywhere, ears everywhere else. You kids had all the tech you could dream up. Here we all are, back on Earth, with nothing but our wit and our will to save the world. Ultron says the Avengers are the only thing between him and his mission; whether or not he admits it, his mission is global destruction. All this, laid in a grave. So, stand. Outwit the platinum bastard." He sighed casually, sitting at the table.

"Steve doesn't like that kind of talk," Natasha teased.

"You know what, Romanoff?" Steve retorted.

I stifled a laugh, covering my mouth with my fist.

"So, what does he want?" Fury inquired.

"To become better," Steve replied. "Better than us. He keeps building bodies."

"Person bodies," Tony clarified. "The human form is inefficient. Biologically speaking, we're outmoded, but he keeps coming back to it."

"When you two programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed," Natasha pointed out.

"They don't need to be protected," Bruce asserted, gazing at a butterfly drawing. "They need to evolve." He looked back up. "Ultron's going to evolve."

"How?" Fury inquired.

"Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?"

At that moment, Bruce's question triggered a realization in all of us, including me. I recalled how effortlessly Dr. Cho could regenerate Clint's tissue when injured. If she could do that, she could construct a proper body for Ultron—though she would never do it willingly.

"Everyone, gather your things and suit up. Be ready and in the Quinjet in 10," Steve commanded.

Without hesitation, I sprinted up the stairs to retrieve my suit, neatly laid out on the bedside table in my room. A smile crept across my face, assuming Laura had taken the time to clean it for me. Swiftly donning my suit, I left the borrowed clothes meticulously folded on the bed. Descending the stairs, I found Laura waiting for me at the bottom.

"Hey, thank you so much. For everything," I expressed, gently holding her hands. When I became aware of the gesture, memories flooded—of mornings spent holding my mother's hands before heading to school. I remembered those moments' comforting assurance, dispelling the fear of stepping out our front door.

"It's no trouble, Stella. Clint and I agreed you could visit anytime once this mess is over. Our kids are also eager for you to teach them how to fly," she chuckled, glancing back at her children.

"I'll keep that in mind." I smiled, waved, and exited through the door, going to the jet.

[SEOUL, KOREA]

The jet neared the landing zone, and a sense of nervousness crept over me. Our first encounter with Ultron had gone awry, and the prospect of facing him again also meant encountering the Maximoff twins. Despite the anger that the thought of them stirred within me, I knew I had to exercise extreme caution—not just for my own sake but for the entire team. I couldn't afford to plunge into another nightmare mentally. Regardless of the situation we might find ourselves in, my defense walls had to remain steadfast.