Buss Thodi Der Aur Thehr Ja

Start from the beginning

And hence the party tonight. 

Riha hadn't tried to meet him for the last fifteen days. Nor called him. He didn't. But he had to take a step forward. And he will. 

Last night Riha had just dropped a message, " tomorrow is the 28th anniversary of the reason I exist, my parent's marriage. I will wait for you, from the bottom of my heart.  Your stranger will eagerly wait for her stranger..." 

Riha took a deep breath. He'll come. 

*****

Riha time and again stared at the entrance of the banquet hall, when she saw him. She just didn't know if she should weep or laugh. 

" Thank you Vivaan, " she muttered. She saw him stand very uncomfortably at the entrance with a bouquet and a gift pack. She slowly walked over to him. " Good evening sir! " 

Vivaan looked at her. A smile lit up his face, but disappeared the very next moment. Riha kept smiling, and then held his hand. " Come. " 

Vivaan walked along and very shyly looked here and there. Riha looked at him and smirked, " a lot of strangers, just as you like. " 

Vivaan almost whispered. " How...are you Riha? " 

" Seriously? That matters? And yet no call in fifteen days, a visit was a distant dream. " 

Vivaan fell silent. 

" Maa, " , maa looked back and smiled wide at Riha who looked at Vivaan. " Vivaan, maa... I know you know her but my duty was to introduce you. " 

Vivaan smiled . " Happy anniversary aun... I mean, Mrs Menon!" , he hesitatingly said as he handed over the gift. Riha's smile faded for a minute. Not even Aunty? So distant, Vivaan? But she just said , " You talk. " , and walked away.

Riha's mother took the gift. " 'aunty' is fine. You can call me that. " 

Vivaan smiled very formally. 

Just then the lights in the hall dimmed, and a man stood with a microphone. " It's time to dance! " 

Vivaan's eyes widened for a moment as he tried to judge the situation. He saw Riha's mother smile at him and walk off, the lights got dimmer, the whole of the hall suddenly started changing form, strangers surrounded him, the dim lights turned blue, Riha was nowhere to be seen. 

Vivaan suddenly felt afraid, extremely afraid of the darkness, the strong smell of unknown perfumes, of the blue tone, of strangers, he suddenly shut his eyes tight and unknowingly shouted, " Rihaaa!! " 

The next moment everything went back to life as Vivaan saw Riha standing before him, with her world winning smile, and an extended hand. " Let's dance. "

Vivaan looked into her eyes and the calm in them washed off his anxiety, bit by bit... 

" Music! " , Riha shouted. 

She pulled him to the centre of the dance floor, and slowly wound his hands around her waist. The hall echoed, 

" Waaqif toh huey tere dil ki baat se

Chhupaya jise tune qaaynaat se

Waaqif toh huey tere uss khayal se

Chhupaya jise tune apne aap se..." 

As they moved in each others steps, Vivaan didn't really look into Riha's eyes, he just tried to look elsewhere, and Riha kept looking into him with a smile. 

"Kahin na kahin teri aankhein,

teri baatein padh rahe hain hum,

Kahin na kahin tere dil mein,