Friday (Chapter 5)

Start from the beginning

That came out of nowhere. Oh well always listen to your heart they say.

Heart....I am listening.

Thursday

Thursday?

Thursday, River disappears.

Friday  

Nolan P.O.V

I roll my sleeves up, pondering tentatively upon the response received by the crowd this evening, regarding the 'CfD-cell'.

I sigh, dropping down onto the leather desk chair, the cushioning is a comfort to my aching muscles.

I close my aching eyes and sigh as they are finally provided comfort from the bright lights of the showroom, the bright lights showing me just how stupid my colleagues thought I was.

A sharp knock hits the door and I jerk awake.

I feel myself frown, I'm not expecting any visitors. I clear my throat, maybe it's a sponsor who was unable to contact me after my lecture?

I fix my shirt, ensuring it's all tucked in and walk to the door pensively opening it.

I'm greeted with the beautiful face of Danielle.

Danielle P.O.V

I watch as Nolan downs the two fingers of whiskey his slim body bending as he leans back on the sofa, his suit falls open revealing the white top that clings to his muscly stomach.

I nod gently, he's lost a considerable amount of weight.

I sigh, "Rivers at my house Nolan" I announce, crossing my legs over each other.

Nolan's bushy eyebrows furrow as his liquid brown eyes stare back at me, I stare down at the floor and clear my throat. I clear my throat, staring down at the floor. Just do it.

"Tell me about you and River?" I ask, he clears his throat his actions showing me how nervous he's becoming when this topic is bought up.

"Why do you ask?" he questions his eyebrows rising slightly.

I cock my head to the side, "Because I need to know Nolan." I state, my tone displaying the confidence in my stance as I refuse to back down.

He sighs, a big sigh-as if

releasing that breath has released ninety percent of his problems.

"Why?" I ask him, my eyes clashing with his, "why was she left alone more than two days Nolan?"

He sits up slowly, "I..." he releases the button meeting at his neck, and moves his neck in circular movements "She's....she's my kid".

I sigh, kid "You're not nineteen anymore Nolan, she shouldn't still be your kid" I tell him, his language telling me everything I needed to know.

He winces his eyes slipping shut "I..." his voice has dropped to merely a whisper I must strain to hear him "she's...she's just a kid.".

As he seems to be struggling with spitting out the words, I allow my rage to take control and I talk for him "be her father?" I snap, a little more harshly than I anticipated.

He sighs.

I sit up, "Well," I begin to tie up my coat "I found your..." I spit the words out of my mouth the word spitting out like murderous venom "kid in my driveway scared for her life" I nudge his head up.

I lean down staring into his brown eyes "You have a flight booked in three hours. Be ready. Your daughters fucked up Nolan, that girl is screwed all because you thought the problem would just disappear." I sigh.

Spinning on my heel I walk out the room meeting Isa outside while he bites his lip, the instant he sees me his large body is moved away from the wall and his lips meet mine.

"OK?" he asks his eyes meeting mine. I nod slowly.

When it happened to River, we were all shook with fear. Taking her whenever I could, I thought I had been helping. After her mother disappeared it hit me that Nolan couldn't be a single father, not that he didn't have that ability. Trying to raise a daughter who had been raped wasn't like raising a child like our parents had done.

I doubted his ability to form an emotional connected to his daughter and as I noticed immediately after the incident, he began treating her more like a friend than a child. I was right, he thought by dismissing her every wrong doing he was being a good father but instead it backfired like I had predicted. He had ignored my advice and his descent into fatherhood had floundered under his demanding life.

What I will keep from Nolan is the state I found River in, stoned. It broke my heart and angered me, the child I trusted and loved with all my heart was suddenly doing drugs and talking to me like I was a friend who wouldn't see the wrong in her dreadful actions.

I know how Nolan feels about recreational drugs and decided that telling him this piece of news could backfire what I hope is to develop between them two.

If we didn't help River now, she would be well away from saving.

AN:

VOTE PLEASE :) 

Hello everyone, would you like to see more of a character? Let me know what aspects you liked what ones you didn't like.

What you want to see more of.

Thank you sooo much for reading and even pressing on the book!