I knew it was stupid to go by myself but I knew Edward would be on his way and I just wanted to tear the nomad's head off.

I chased him deep into the woods and suddenly he stopped and turned to face me. He took me by surprise, making a split second decision to pause.

I pounced on him but he just moved to grab me by the neck and push me against the tree. I heard a crack; the tree was breaking with the force he was applying against me

"You smell much different than you did last time" He sniffed my neck and growled "I can smell her all over you, you know that right?"

"You stay away from her, from all of us or we will kill you" I managed to croak as he covered my small neck with his hand

"I was wondering when you would catch me" He smirked

"Why are you here? Why were you in the house?" I snapped as I struggled to get out of his grip but he was too strong

"The human, she means something to you?" He smiled before he paused "You don't remember me do you?"

"Am I supposed too?" I snapped

He looked familiar to me but I wasn't sure where and I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of knowing that

"You know, I couldn't believe that I found you after it's been so long. Who would have thought coming to a small, miserable town like Forks would lead me to you" He spoke as he applied more pressure to my neck. I could feel my skin cracking slightly, which almost worried me but I knew my body could take much more punishment than what he was applying "I spotted you when the other vampires you were in the woods, looking for me"

"What are you talking about?" I exclaimed while moving under his grip, silently praying that Edward would turn up very soon

"I've been watching you with her as well" He said tilting his head "You seem to be very fond of this girl. I don't understand how you can be so close to her and not want to kill her all the time"

"Who are you?" I exclaimed

"You managed to get away from me once but this time I want to see if you're as strong and as brave as the doctor who turned you was" He hissed "You really should remember me Miss Brandon. I'm the one who gave you the opportunity to meet this human. Though I had to kill the doctor once he had changed you, he kind of ruined my fun. She smells almost as good as you did; does she want to be like you as well?"

"Alice!" I heard Edward call as I heard a huge clap.

Edward had shoved the nomad away from me, freeing my neck from his grip.

Emmett soon followed and I heard growling but I noticed that the nomad had disappeared from sight and I could do nothing but stare at the empty space he had been standing in.

"Alice" Edward whispered as he stood in front of me, he pulled me into his arms but I just stood against him, my head resting on his chest "I'm so sorry"

I blinked a few times with a blank look on my face before I finally realized what had happened

"You should have killed him!" I exclaimed, pushing myself away from my brother

"You are the one who had the chance" Edward mumbled with sympathetic eyes "I'm sorry we didn't get here sooner. We were distracted; I heard another vampire's thoughts"

"Another vampire?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows "What do you mean another vampire?"

"I don't think he's alone Ali" Emmett said quietly

"I can't let him get to Bella...Edward, I just can't" I said shaking my head furiously "He said..."

"I know what he said" Edward nodded and he looked to Emmett "We both do"