// 1 //

"How'd you find out about Eve's work anyway?" Noah asked curious. They were slowly strolling around taking their time for every single piece. Matty was seemingly interested in the stories she had to tell about the making of every single drawing and made clever remarks on the topics. He quite had a way with words, making everything he said sound profound and intelligent one moment and in the next second he would joke around making her smile widely.

"Her work was shown at a party I went to and I got introduced to her a few weeks later, ever since I've been craving to come here."

Matty grabbed her hand leading her into the next room before she could even protest. Not that she felt like protesting anyway. The touch sent impulses through her whole body causing her breath to stopped and a tingling in her toes.

"So how about this one?" He wondered as they stood in front of a minimalist drawing of a female body. She looked down on her hand he was still holding tightly. It was such an innocent act yet it made it hard for her to even speak.

He understood the hint and dropped her hand leaving her even more confused.

In the corner of her eye she spied Eve and she quickly excused herself for a second.

"Oh I see you found a ... friend. Get some." Eve smirked slyly as Noah walked up to her.

"Shu'up." She turned around to see if Matty heard them but he was still completely absorbed in Eves work. It was actually quite cute how genuinely interested he was.

"Who is he?" Noah whispered.

"Matthew Healy, he's singer of a pretty famous band called The 1975." Eve answered not even trying to keep her voice down.

"Singer?" Well, that explained quite a few things, actually.

"Yeah, he also plays guitar and piano and does most of the song-writing. His favourite singer is Michael Jackson." She continued.

"How do you know that?"

"I met him about two weeks ago and we got to chat for a few minutes while they were backstage."

Noah frowned. She had also spent 'a few minutes' with him but didn't know half his life story.

"Hey, you 'lright?" They didn't even notice Matty coming their direction until he stood directly next to them.

"Totally, thanks for coming, Matthew." Eve greates him with her perfect smile.

"The pleasure is mine. Your work is brilliant."

Within seconds they started showering each other in compliments and Noah felt like she just disappeared. How could she ever just think about someone like him laying an eye on her. Obviously it was about Eve's work and well ... Eve. She could make almost every boy fall for her on instant and she didn't even realize it.

Noah slowly headed off and grabbed two more drinks, drowning one straightaway. She didn't even know him. It wasn't her heart shattering in a million pieces or anything like that, just her self esteem that cracked a little as the boy with the magic hands smiled at her friend and she realized that he probably smiled like this for everyone.

"Do you try to get rid of me?"

Noah nearly spilled her drink all over them as the familiar Northern accent clang next to her and she felt an arm wrap around her shoulder blades casually.

"Are you trying to kill me?" Her heart was still beating faster from the sudden "attack" from behind.

"Well, I must tell you that I'm not so easy to shake off, ask my friends-" he laughed, ignoring her question, "we aren't done yet."

"What do you consider as 'done'?" She felt intoxicated by his scent - a mix of cigarettes and expensive perfume.

"Either when we're through the whole exhibition at least once or - when we've drank this place dry." He pointed to the two champagne glasses in her hand.

-

They actually managed both - seeing every single painting at least once and drinking every left glass of champagne.

"Where did Eve go? Did you see her anywhere?" Noah asked feeling a little tipsy and wondering of her friend could give her a ride home.

"Oh she left immediately after we spoke, some after party downtown." Matty answered and winkled his brow.

"Didn't she invite you?"

"She did, but I said that I want to see the rest of her work with you first so she asked me to bring you around when we're finished." His expression was so careless that Noah had a hard time trying to analyse him.

"Oh" was all she managed to say.

"Yeah, well, do you want to?"

"What?"

"Go to Eve's party." They were already on their way out of the building, it was pretty dark outside. Noah wondered if she'd find home now as she has never been to this part of the city before.

"Well there isn't really an alternative, is it?"

"Oh there's always an alternative, love."

"What's mine?" She looked up to him through her lashes, his arm was still casually positioned around her.

"Hmm, house party?" He suggested.

"Where?"

"Mine."

"Who's coming?" She kept asking.

"You." A sly smirk forming on his lips when he muttered under his breath "probably plenty times."

She gasped and he chuckled at how her cheeks turned the brightest red.

"My apartment's just down the road, do you want to walk or call a taxi?"

Noah raised her eyebrow. How did he just assume she was going with him, a person she barely new and just met?

"Walking sounds alright." Maybe because deep down she knew just how much she wanted him.

A/N: this chapter turned out so long that I decided to cut it into two parts - the second one might be posted tonight aswell, yeah well feedback maybe? xx