PROLOGUE

I pressed my forefinger against my tragus while trying my best to walk properly towards the VIP couch, where my friends are sitting. My other hand is holding my phone right on my ear, but I can't seem to understand Kuya Sage's words from the other line.

"What?!" I shouted, but my voice was overwhelmed with the loud music and plenty of screams everywhere.

"You- come- two-" I creased my forehead as I struggle to analyze whatever he was saying. I'm already tipsy and the crowd is getting wild and wild every minute.

"I can't hear you! call you later! Bye!" I shouted at my phone before I hung up and tucked it inside my back pocket. I did my best to keep my posture as I walked to our couch.

"Hey, Lea!" A guy from the same couch stood up to greet me. I honestly don't know him. He wasn't here earlier when I left this circle. I arched my brow at him. "Ah, I'm Jeffrey, from College of business and finance." He held out his hand for a handshake and smiled to me, exposing his couple of dimples.

I nodded and shook his hand before I proceeded to my seat. It was at the center of the U-shaped couch. I heard some tease from my friends and a gasp from Jeffrey, but I didn't really care.

"Mabuti't bumalik ka na agad? Jace texted me kanina, hinahanap ka." Cora, my best friend beside me, said.

Napailing nalang ako habang mapupungay ang mga matang kinuha ang margarita ko. I sipped from the glass and leaned my back against the backrest, my head settled at the top of it. I feel a little bit dizzy and heavy, so I just closed my eyes. I already had 7 glasses of Cuervo before I danced with some random guys at the dance floor.

"Dare." I heard Molina said. My friends cheered and they shared some giggles.

"Okay, I want you to french kiss--" otomatiko akong napamulat ng mata at napabangon mula sa pagkakasandal nang marinig ko ang sinabi ni Brianna. I can't miss this show!

"What the hell, Bri!" Sigaw ni Moli na natatawa. Maging ako ay natatawa na rin. Napaayos ako ng upo habang patuloy na nakikinig sa kanila.

"C'mon, fifteen seconds lang!"

Naramdaman kong siniko ako ni Cora kaya napalingon ako sa kaniya. She leaned closer to me and whispered.

"I think the hottie over there has a thing for you." I look at the same direction she's pointing with her pouted lips.

It was a bit hard to find because of the people walking and dancing, not to mention the party lights. But there I saw a man crossing his arms over his chest. He's the only one from that direction who caught my attention, plus he's looking directly at me!