Confusion- Chapter 13

You stand and sigh watching as Petyr walks away. 
"Y/N!" You hear someone call. You turn in the opposite direction and see Nova rushing towards you. You looked to the floor, still upset by how she reacted to what you told her. You turn slightly to walk away, Nova grabs your arm tightly and turns you. She quickly drops your arm and bows. "I am sorry my lady. I should not have grabbed you like that." she nods. She looks back up and frowns. "Hear me out."
You stare at her for a moment, debating in your mind whether you want to give her a chance to explain. Battling your thoughts for a few moments you cross your arms and nod. "Thank you, my lady." she smiles gratefully. "I was worried about you. I got angry...I don't trust Petyr and you fall so nicely into his trap. I just don't trust him, I had expected you wouldn't trust him either. But from what I see, you do." 

You put your arms by your side and look to the floor. You'd let your guard down. You'd let the feelings, both love and lust, hide your logic. How you promised yourself when you came to Kings Landing you'd fall into no one's game but your own. Yet, here you are. Being married to the man only a fool would trust. "A fool..." you mumbled to yourself.
"Pardon my lady?" she raised an eyebrow at you. 
You looked up at Nova and faked a smile. "Nothing...but I guess you are right..."
"Wha-" she looked at you shocked. "I-I'm right?" 
"Yeah. He's not trustworthy at all really. I just love him..." 
"You-you love him?" Nova stopped for a moment before speaking again. "Have you ever truly known love?"
You think for a moment and shake your head. "Not really." 
Nova sighed before looking up at the clock on the tower. "It's about time you go to him, don't you think?" 
You look up at the tower but the birds flying over catch your eye. Envy builds up in your mind before you look back down and nod.
"Good day Nova." you bow and turn to walk to your room. 

On the way you run into Ned Stark. "Hello Y/N!" he gave you a warm smile stopping you in the corridors. 
"Good afternoon Lord Stark." you curtsy.

"How are you finding it here? How are you handling it with Lord Baelish?" he asks.
"It's alright here. I miss home. Petyr's alright really. He's nicer when we aren't in public." You smile back.
"Most men are nicer when they aren't in public." he jokes. "What do you mean you miss home? You miss your father and brother?" he asks.
"No." you laugh. "I miss Winterfell. I miss Jon. I miss Bran and Rickon too. I always felt more welcome as a Stark than as a Bolton."
Ned smiles looking amused with himself. "I'm glad we've made you feel safe. Your father's never been the emotional type." he jokes once again.
You force a laugh at his joke. "I better be off. Going to meet Petyr." 
"Alright my dear. You be careful." he bows before continuing his walk off down the corridor. 
Everything would've been easier, you thought. If you were a Stark. Your life would've been a lot different.

Making it to your room you see the door wide open. Peaking inside you see Petyr sitting on the bed waiting. He smirks at you. "Come on in. What took you so long?" He makes it sound like he owns the room, you decide to think of a quick comeback. 
"You say that like you own this room. Don't forget Petyr I own this room, I can kick you out at any time." you nod at him shutting the door behind you and standing in front of the door. 
"Go on then, call the guards. Have them take me away. Do it." he antagonises you. 

You stare at him before sighing and sitting on your bed. "See. Like me in here too much." he jokes. 

You smirk at his joke before looking to the floor. Nova's words rush around and around in your head. Slurring his words as he talks about his day and replacing them with what Nova would say. How she doesn't trust him. How she thinks you are just some part of his game. 

He notices your strange attitude and places a hand on your shoulder. 
"Are you alright?" he asks. You snap out of it and look to him quickly. You fake a smile and nod at him.
"Come on Y/N do you think I'm a fool?" 

Fool. Fool. Fool. That word spins round and round in your head. Fool. Fool. Fool.