"What?" If I had been looking at him, I would have seen a frown furrow his brows.

"You heard. Why are you concerned with me? You tell me that Talulah won't help me succeed, you make me fight the strongest person in the group when I'm at my weakest, and now you're making me catch up on my knife throwing? I've not seen you pay so much attention to the other initiates."

"I'm not just focusing on you. But as a leader that is overseeing your training, it is my job to help those that aren't working at their full potential."

I frowned. That was bullshit. I was working as hard as I possibly could! "I thought that was Four's job. As you just said, you're a leader... so why not just get him to help me instead?"

"Do you have a problem with me?" Eric questioned, and I turned to look at him. He was staring at me, a knife held tightly in his right hand.

"Other than the fact that you enjoyed watching me getting beaten to a pulp yesterday? No, not at all." I grumbled, surprising myself with the confidence that had arisen in me - something which had happened often over the last few days.

He rolled his eyes. "It's tough love, Jacquetta. You won't get far in Dauntless without it."

I clenched my teeth together. "Do not call me Jacquetta."

"I can call you whatever I like."

I glared at him for a second, then scoffed and dropped the knives on the floor. "I'm done here. I can't even deal with this right now." I stepped over the pile of silver on the floor, and headed towards the exit, fuming at how he wouldn't give me a proper answer, and the way he used my full name.

Suddenly, I felt a whoosh of air and a sharp pain in my upper left arm, before hearing a clang behind me. I let out a loud gasp and paused on the spot, snapping my head down to look at my arm. There was a thin slash across the middle of it, blood slowly rising to the surface. I frowned again, and looked behind me in confusion.

It took a few seconds for me to process what had happened, then my breath caught in my throat, and I stared up at Eric breathlessly.

"Y-you just-"

"-Threw a knife at you." He cut me off and finished the sentence. "Yes I did."

"It cut me!!!" I cried, my right hand coming up to cover the wound.

"I know that. It was meant to." He said, his eyes flicking towards my arm, before meeting mine. He crossed his arms and stared at me. "We're not done, and you most definitely do not just walk out on me."

"So you throw a knife at me?!"

"What did you want me to do? Tackle you?" He muttered.

"You tell me to stop, like a normal person!!" I shouted, my voice a few octaves higher than it should have been, it echoing around the room.

It was silent once the Echo finished... And it remained that way for a few moments.

I stared at Eric, unsure of what to do, and he stared back at me, looking as if he was thinking.

"Come here." He ordered quietly, breaking the silence.

I shook my head. "I'm not going anywhere near you." I spoke through clenched teeth.

He sighed. "I want to look at your arm. Come here."

"No..." I moved my hand a little and looked down at my arm. The deep red blood was spread over my pale skin where I had tried to cover it. "I want you to stay away from me."

He took a few slow steps towards me, and I took one back.

"Jac, I won't hurt you again. Let me look at it." He used my name... And he didn't call me initiate or try to piss me off...