Watching Inquiries

Começar do início

Her right eyebrow twitched a little after reading the second paragraph, but the first one did raise some interesting questions. What was Nathan's role in all of this? Just what was his relationship with Drem? Drem did just state that they were friends, but what did the sadistic jerk consider as a friend? A friend could have multiple meanings depending on who she asked.

It also depended on both of their perspectives. She would need Nathan's point of view on the issue, but he was out of town. So, she could really only rely on Drem's words, but he wasn't exactly trustworthy.

There were other questions at hand, however. What was Drem? If he was Nathan's friend, had he been human at some point? Or, did Nathan have supernatural friends? Granted if Drem had been human in the past, how had Nathan turned him into a ghost/spirit/ or whatever he was?

Large pieces of the puzzle were missing, and she couldn't figure out what they were. She required more information, but she doubted that Drem would answer her questions. Perhaps, he would, but she presumed that he would do so if she gave him some form of payment. Considering how he was, she didn't wish to owe him anything.

Besides these nagging questions, the second part of his statement irked her. His referral to her as a doe was vexing enough on its own, but he thinking that he was being considerate was a joke. Sure, he may be making her meals, but he was forcing her to eat them. How was that thoughtful?

Additionally, he was assuming that she could just overlook his past actions when it came to this supposed politeness of his. The various wounds on her body reminded her of his cruelty every waking moment it seemed. If he promised to never injure her again, then maybe his declaration of mindfulness might be considered viable.

Another confusing point was why he was attempting to take on the role of a more accommodating individual. A few days ago, he had nearly gone a good distance across the line. She recalled him pausing and saying that his plans had changed. Is this what he meant by that? Then again, this whole making her meals thing had only started up last night, not to mention the constellation hunting as well.

Most of her just thought that he was playing mind games with her and was trying to corrupt her better judgment. He was hoping to get her to lower her guard before making the final blow. There was a small portion of her, however, that thought that maybe he was just suffering from some internal conflict. Still, she wouldn't let that faint belief morph her behavior. Drem was still an a**hole as far as she was concerned. Only some more clarification, on the questions raised in the first paragraph of his writing, might change her perspective.

"I don't care what you're calling your actions, but they're not attentive. You're just giving a false name to them, so you're not convincing me of anything. Rather, you're just raising some questions," she voiced, as she saw some new writing appear on the piece of paper.

And, what would these curiosities be? Would you like me to answer them?

"Yeah, I would, but I doubt that they're free. You probably have some ridiculous price in mind, and I'm not willing to pay it," she remarked while more words were scribed.

Of course, I would ask for something in return. I can only assume that the information you seek is quite valuable. It might consist of some my most important memories and some well kept secrets. Why would I hand those details out for free? That, my little doe, would have minuscule to no benefit to me. Besides, I haven't even named my price. You're just thinking of the worst of me. You should learn to be nicer to the one who holds your life in their hands.

"How can I think kindly of you when you essentially threaten me every day? And, answering my questions would have significant benefit to you. They would allow me to better judge your character. Right now, I'm only going on your past actions, which do nothing to improve your image despite you giving me meals and having me stargaze with you."

I don't wish for you to factor my past into your opinion of me, as I assume that's one of your questions. Let me guess it was somewhere along the lines of, "What's his relationship with Nathan?" I don't want your pity, and I don't wish for your shock either of what happened back then. Still, I will tell you if you agree to my charge. Do you wish to hear it or not? Otherwise, let us continue to watch the movie.

Considering his offer, she thought it wouldn't hurt, since he wasn't asking her to accept it. She could always decline. "Fine, name your price, Drem."

Simple, let me in and give me a chance.

Not expecting that answer, she remained silent. What did he mean "give him a chance," a chance in what? Did he mean a chance to accept his actions as considerations? Or, was it something else? Whatever the case it was far too vague for her liking. His statement could have multiple interpretations, and she couldn't accept a deal where one of worse options was the reality.

Turning her gaze back to the television screen, she shook her head and replied, "No deal unless you elaborate on what you mean. That's my final answer. If you don't accept, I'll figure it out on my own. I don't need your twisted help."

(F/n) never received a written response. Instead, the chilling atmosphere vanished, and the monkey moved again. So, he was going to leave her in the dark, then. Fine, she would discover the missing pieces and put together what happened in the past.