Chapter 2

Then the intercom came on a second time. Can I have your attention please, We will release everyone earlier than we normally do because that storm is moving towards our area very fast. The announcer's voice said. Huh, early release. David said. That usually does not happen. Matt said. So, this is the first time this has happened? David asked. Yes it is. Matt said. Then 5 minutes later, a loud beeping sound and a white flashing strobe light started sounding and flashing. The Fire alarm has been activated. Matt said. Please do not leave until we find out why the alarm is going off! A woman on the other side of the room shouted. Then the intercom came on with a Fire alarm announcer's voice. The Fire Alarm has been activated. Please stand by while we figure out the situation. The voice said. Then the Fire alarm continued to make sound. Then the Emergency Exit Door opened and the woman standing next to it told everyone to get out using that door. Why is the Fire alarm going off? David asked. I don't know. Matt said. Then they got out of the building and didn't see any smoke or fire. Must be a false alarm. David said. Yeah, probably. Matt said. Then the sky got gray and very dark. EVERYONE LEAVE. JUST LEAVE THE PARKING LOT! Someone shouted. Everyone got in their cars and left. Matt and David met up at Dairy Queen and got themselves Chicken Tenders with Fries and two Mountain Dew's. Why did the Fire alarm go off? Matt asked. I don't know. David said. Then they heard the TV say something about that. This just in, we got a report of the Fire alarm going off at the NASA Museum. The news reporter said. The Fire department said that they smelt something in the Up Escalator going up from the 14th floor to the 15th floor that smelt like smoke. She continued. If you can see, we just took off the stairs on this escalator and the Down Escalator to investigate for the cause of this. The Fire Marshall said over the TV. So what are we going to do about the people who work here? A news reporter that was at the scene asked an employee. We may have to close the Museum until we fix the escalators. The employee said. When David and Matt got done with their food, they threw the trash away and went to their cars. So I guess I'll see you when the Museum opens? David asked. Guess so. Matt said. Then they got in their cars and drove to their houses. When David got home, he just turned the TV on and watched something to get his mind off the tragic disaster. Matt did the same thing at his house. Then It started to rain heavily and then the satellite went out leaving the screen at Matt and David's house frozen. Then David called Matt. Hello? Matt said. Hey Matt. David said. Come over here, I have some awesome boardgames and puzzles to play and solve. David continued. I'll be right there. Matt said. Wait, can I bring my wife and kids? Matt asked of course. David said. Then David heard the doorbell ring. It's open. David said. Then Matt and his family walked into David's house and were amazed by the inside. How can you have an Elevator and Escalators? Matt asked. Work somewhere for very long, you get enough money to buy a house like this. David said. What will we do about getting back to our house? Matt asked. Don't worry, we have enough space for about 5 families. David said. Then everyone got settled and went to the dining room to play boardgames and solve puzzles. Now this, is what I call a Family Game Night. Matt said. You got that right. David said. Then everyone continued on with what they were doing.