"Where have you been" I ask.

"What... are you my dad" he asks.

"No but you're drunk and you get more stupid when you are... if that's even possible" I mumble.

"You're so lucky I won't remember any of this tomorrow" he claims picking himself off the floor.

"Where have you been" I ask again.

"Wouldn't you like to know" he smirks.

"That is why I asked" I argue.

"Don't worry about it" he insists. He stumbles down the hallway and I roll my eyes. At least he wasn't doing anything bad.

I go out and find Payton standing between her sister and her boyfriend arguing. Maybe this wouldn't be as easy as I hoped.

"What's happening" I ask joining Payton as I step between the two.

"Bailey is being a slut... that's what" Fred claims and my eyes go big. For someone so soft spoken that was kinda harsh.

"Okay, you will not resort to name calling. That's really low and not needed" Payton defends poking him in the chest. It's usually hot when she's assertive but the dude was bigger than me and drunk, don't really need to make him upset.

"I'm not the one hoping from player to player with her boyfriend in the room" he claims.

"I was not hoping from player to player! A majority of these guys are here with their wives and girlfriends" Bailey argues.

"Yeah... and one of them isn't" he barks back.

"You know what... I'm done. I'm leaving" Bailey claims.

"Wait" Payton yells chasing after her. Fred storms out the front door and I just stand there confused as to what my role is here. I have a feeling I knew what was happening and I intend to find out.

I walk over and find Patrick drinking yet another beer looking for someone.

"I hope you know you broke up a great couple" I start.

"You broke up with Payton" he gasps.

"What? No, I didn't break up with Payton. Why would you think that" I ask.

"Because I kissed her" he claims and I stop. I furrow my eyebrows and step closer to him. My body towering over him as he looks up at me. Nothing but rage in my eyes.

"How could you have done that if she's been with me the whole night" I ask trying to keep my cool.

"No... she's been with me" he claims.

"Impossible" I defend.

"I have, go ask her" he says pointing to Bailey as her and Payton argue to the side of everyone.

"You know Payton is in the black and gold right" I ask.

"She's in the silver dress that makes her ass look really good" he claims and I shake my head.

"That's Bailey. That's her sister who is a year older than her" I explain and his eyes go wide.

"That's why she kept saying her name was Bailey when I called her Payton" he concludes.

"You were trying to have a affair with Payton" I ask.

"Well when you put it that way..." he mumbles.

"Patrick, I can take you flirting and hitting on her, I don't like it but I can take it. But I don't like you going out of your way to have drunken affairs with her. Not that I would think she would do that and especially not with you. But you're supposed to be my best friend... why would you do this" I ask.

"I don't know if you noticed it but that girl is literally perfect. She's every mans dream inside and out. Is it so bad to want that" he wonders.

"If she's in a relationship, with your best friend at that, then you leave her be. If she was meant to be with you she would be. But she isn't and there's nothing you can do about it" I explain.

"I just want someone to love me" he says softly and I start to feel bad for being so hard on him. My anger boils down when I realize that he really wasn't trying to hurt anyone.

"I know buddy. And you'll find your girl, but it's not Payton. She's too good for me and she's defiantly too good for you. But you'll find someone" I assure him.

"Well if that was Payton's sister then I guess I'll have her" he shrugs.

"She was actually here with someone, but her boyfriends stormed out of here not too long ago" I explain.

"I'm fucking up pretty bad huh" he asks.

"Yeah bud, you are. But it can't get much worse" I tease and he smiles up at me. His eyes finally focus and I can tell he's sobering up a little.

"I'm sorry Jon. I don't want to break you and Payton up. I just want what you have" he admits.

"You'll find it someday, I know it" I assure him.

I leave him be and go over to Payton who was running her fingers through her hair. She looked exasperated but she also looked really hot. I grab her hips and she was concerned at first but softens when she sees it was me.

"God you scared me" she laughs.

"You look stressed" I admit.

"I'm not doing too hot" she chuckles.

"Where's Bailey" I ask.

"Only lord knows. She's around here somewhere, probably drinking some more" she sighs.

"Patrick told me everything" I admit and she raises a eyebrow.

"And you're not mad" she asks.

"No. I'm not happy, but I didn't punch him in the face so that counts for something right" I tease.

"I'm proud of you. But I'm not sure what to do because she actually likes him and he likes her because he thinks she's me. Which consequently makes me want to barf" she admits.

"So what are going to do" I wonder.

"Nothing. The more we meddle the worst it gets. They're adults and they'll figure it out" she claims.

"Good, because I missed being with you and from the sounds of it it's almost midnight" I mention.

"Yeah" she smirks. I pulled closer so her body is against mine. They start the countdown and I smile big as they get closer to one.

Fireworks sound from outside and I do the only thing that mattered that night and I kissed my girlfriend.