Chapter 1

The Beginning

Beep, beep, beep! Why does school have to start so early? Well at least I get to see my friends. Oh yeah I almost forgot i'm Rubin. I am a sophomore at Riverside High. I go there with my friends Tiffany, Amanda, and Rick but everyone calls him Ricky. They are all juniors. We all go way back, like elementary school. We always talked at lunch, almost every day. But now that we are in high school things have got more tense. For example Amanda and Tiffany talk way less than they used to. It's almost like they forgot we all used to be best friends. That's why this year is going to be the year that I bring us closer together.

* * * *

I completely forgot about school!! I got so caught up in my writing that I forgot about school. TING! It's Tiffany asking where I am. I then replied "I'm getting dressed right now and then i'll be on my way." I then got dressed, and brushed my teeth. I grabbed my bag and headed to the car. I opened the door and sat down. "We could be late because of you!" Exclaimed Tiffany. I'm sorry i was writing like I always do and I completely lost track of time. After that it got kind of awkward so I decided to pull out my journal and start writing. " Is that the assignment for the newspaper" asked Tiffany. Yes it is but i'm stumped. "I'm sure you will think of something." At that point I wasn't sure if I would ever think of something. I had a nasty case of writer's block.

THEN IT HIT ME !!!

I would write about my life. It makes sense, I am alive and I am a student. We had finally made it to school. I grabbed my bag and my journal. "Thank you very much for the ride" I said. "You are very welcome and i hope you figure out what to write" said Tiffany. I then left the parking lot and went to go find my friends Amanda, and Rick. They were standing at the main entrance looking for something. I wondered what ? I walked up and said hey. They both jumped . "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TOO US, IT'S TO EARLY!!" exclaimed both Amanda and Rick. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you . What were you guys looking for anyways??? "You", said Amanda.

All of a sudden the school bells went off. Well I'm sorry about scaring you guys it really was an accident. "We know. See you later" they both said. Okay bye. First period was about to begin and that meant I had to sit in the most boring class ever . Biology. We all hated that class so much. The teacher was so boring and singled kids out. But luckily today we had a substitute teacher. The class walked in and gathered around the board. The board read "Today is a free period, use your time wisely". I took my seat and pulled out my science notebook to make sure I had all my work turned in. After I checked I pulled out my journal. I was sitting there doing nothing like a bump on a log. I couldn't think of anything for the life of me. "STUPID WRITING BLOCK" I accidentally exclaimed. I ducked down and got all sweaty. But nothing happened the teacher only looked at me with these eyes that read "don't do that again or you will be in very big trouble". I nodded at the substitute and he nodded back.

TINNGGGGGG!!!!!! "Class dismissed" said our substitute teacher. "I never caught your name?"
Barrett, Mr. Barrett". Have a nice day sir. I put my earphones in and started to walk to my next class.

* * * * *

I finished off my day with all my friends in math. Now it was time to go to my writing club.