Rosemary

Chapter one: in the beginning

As the moon finally covered the sun, she knew it was time.

The book of shadows, handed down to her from her mother, foretold of this day.

Assyria hoped of changing the prophecy of the ancient ones from times long ago.

After all wasn't she the one living in this future time, and did she not control her own destiny and not her ancestors.

Assyria dropped the petal of zinnia into the potion as she began to chant.

Although she was against the book of shadows, telling of her life and

leaving no choices of her own, she had to be prepared for anything.

Azziah was securely chained in the basement. They had checked and tried to break the chains but Assyria's husband had assured her that no wolf, no matter how strong or pure the bloodline was could break the chains.

If only they had known before making love and becoming pregnant. If only they had known about the bite. Now she was carrying a half-wolf child and the one master wolf responsible for changing Azziah was coming after her daughter.

This is what the book of shadows foretold of.

"Noorfil yenhi dimore!" A cloud of purple smoke rose from the potion and a loud howl sounded to let her know she had only seconds.

The last ingredient was a hair fro, the wing of a buzzard.

"Eireen plahest glawsa!" A loud noise such as she had never heard before sounded. It sounded like a mixture of a low rumbling thunder and a powerful electricity.

A green circle with lightning sparks was forming just above the pot. It was time for the last ingredient and the last words.

Just then the front door of the small forest cottage was sent flying into the pot.

The door had not been torn from the hinges, but instead had been torn with such great strength that a portion of the wall had been taken along with it.

As the pot violently tipped over, a seven foot wolf with yellow eyes stood stairing at her from where the door once was.

Her daughter was considered an abomination to this ancient leader of tribes. She was half-wolf and half-human, belonging to a werewolf father and a witch mother.

Assyria had to finish the potion. For her daughter. Her heart dropped to her feet, and a feeling of sickness and fear hit her gut.

She had to succeed. "Nooo..." As the potion spilled onto the ground she dropped the hair of a buzzards wing on top of it. "ETOORA MEREC SMIEYAT!"

The wolf closed the space between them in two four-footed leaps. Purple smoke began to fill the room.

Assyria could only see the bright yellow eyes, mouthful of sharp, intimidating, yellow teeth, and the claw the size of a cantelope that could easily behead her with one swing.

With a loud boom the circle opened from floor to ceiling,and stretched from wall to wall.