Chapter 10

After the second task was finally over and done with, no one felt like doing anything except flopping on the sofa and lazing around for the rest of the day. The champions had been informed of the final task, which was a magical maze, but that was all the way over in June. Besides, Harry had done things like this, such as the hunt for the philosopher's stone back in first year. I wasn't too worried.

But what I was worried about was that the end of year exams were drawing closer, and the teachers were being much stricter on us seing as we were taking our OWLs the next year. Hogwarts exams definitely were frightful.

"You're so lucky you're missing the exams, Harry," grumbled Ron.

"You don't seem to be doing much revising! These are really important tests!" Hermione lectured Ron.

"I know... they're going to be horrible," I moaned, burrying my head in a cushion.

"Hey, at least you're not getting killed three times over," Harry patted my back sympathetically.

"Fair point," I lifted my head up, then turned it to the side so I was in a sleeping position. I had no sleep the previous night, and the warmth of the Common Room got to me as me eyes slowly closed...

A vision of Harry passed before my eyes. He was lying on the floor of a maze, the vines sucking him in as blood seeped from his open wounds. I screamed his name and tried to rush over to him, but my legs seemed to be glued to the ground. Slowly he was absorbed by the maze, lost forever...

"Adds, wake up!" I was shaken awake by Scarhead himself. I found myself perched on the edge of the sofa in the empty Gryffindor Common Room.

"H-harry-" I stuttered.

"What's wrong? You had a bad dream," Harry stated as he helped me sit up.

"Oh, nothing," I lied.

"You were shouting my name," Harry raised his eyebrows at me as I blushed.

"Was I? I was dreaming about the exams," I said innocently as Harry shook his head.

"You're as bad of a liar as I am,"

"I'll take that as a compliment," I muttered as Harry shuffled closer.

"It's about the third task, isn't it?" He whispered. I nodded grimly.

"I keep thinking your going to die. I know you won't, but-"

"When I thought I was going to die, you gave me confidence, Adds. I know it know. This will all be over soon," he put his arm around my shoulder as I smiled.

Suddenly, as I stared into the fireplace, something pushed and coughed from beneath the coal, and there was the face of Sirius.

"Paddy!" I crouched in front of the fireplace, as did Harry.

"Sirius, what are you doing here?" Harry asked.

"I haven't got time to explain. Harry, have you been keeping an eye on Karkaroff?" Sirius asked.

"Wha- why?" Harry spluttered.

"Harry, Adds, the death eaters are inside the walls. Hogwarts is dangerous,"

"That's exactly what Rhydian said," I sighed.

"Well you listen to your brother, then. Barty Crouch- heart of stone. Sent his own son to Azkaban. As for Karkaroff, he used to be a death eater. And no one stops being a death eater."

"You think it was Karkaroff that put my name in the Goblet of Fire?" Harry asked, shocked.

"It very well could have been. What I'm trying to say is, keep your friend's close Harry, you never know who you can trust anymore."