Jackass (Chapter 5)

ابدأ من البداية

“Whoa; don’t you think we’re moving a bit too fast here?” she asked wanting him to say something snooty. 

“Not at all, unless of course you want to do it right here in the car.” Lance raised his brows waiting for her answer. Jessica leaned back wondering if he was waiting for her to answer.

“Excuse me?” that caught her by surprise. Lance grinned slowly making her heart pound against her throat. 

“I’m joking. I need to pick up my cell phone from my apartment before we can go any where. I have been behind in work and I need to catch up.” He said now driving. 

“Oh. You actually scared me there.” She said confused at her own reaction. No one was ever able to shut her up in her entire life. How had he done it in just one swift motion? Maybe it was just because he caught her off guard. 

“I thought you were fearless.” Lance commented his eye son the road. Jessica rolled her eyes.

“Not fearless, just like taking a risk.” She replied happy with her answer.

“So doing me will be a risk? Do you find me so dangerously handsome?” he asked smiling knowing all too well he had gotten Jessica tongue tied.

“Shut up and drive.” Jessica sighed, sitting back in her seat crossing her arms over her chest.

“We’re here, just stay in the car while I go get my phone.” He said running into the building. Jessica began to day dream as to what his place look like. It could be modern and contemporary with asymmetrical furniture, clean and crisp. His suits seemed fresh and ironed. Maybe his room spelled of fresh linen and jasmine. He could also be a jock, with shoes hanging down the coat stand and beer cans all over the place. Her mind was soon composed of Lance in his apartment. 

“Thinking of me?” Lance asked getting into the car. Jessica jumped at the sudden noise. “Didn’t mean to scare you there.” He grinned. Jessica just leaned back and looked out the window. It just wasn’t her day.

They reached a small bar located in the most secure corner. It was so secure it took them two hours to find it. Jessica stretched out her hands out, Lance waited for to purr which she didn’t.

“Did you have to bring me here? It took us so long. Wasn’t there a bar near by?” she asked fixing her hair. Lance grasped his steering wheel and breathed out.

“This is the only one that is opened so early in the day. You’re welcome by the way.” He got out of the car opening the door for her. He was definitely a gentleman. 

“Thank you.” She mumbled and walked in. The bar was quiet; the T.V was tuned to a sports channel which was showing a recording of an old baseball game. The place was clean, a bit dark but smelled nice. The chairs seemed like antiques and the tables were a bit crooked but it had character. 

“Swell place.” Jessica said appreciating the art work on the walls. She actually liked the place. Lance gave her a sarcastic look in which she returned it with a sweet smile.

“I’m serious. I like it.” She basically ran up to the bar counter and jumped on the stool. Lance scratched his head smiling at how childish she was. No doubt, Jessica was cute and even beautiful but she was trouble. He still couldn’t begin to think why she had kissed him last night. She was somber and she hadn’t mentioned the kiss this morning. Maybe she just wanted to kiss him. Lance felt as if he should speak to her about it, maybe try clearing up things. 

“Beer please.” She ordered. The bartender behind the counter breathed out and nodded. Lance took a seat besides her and leaned on the freshly polished counter.

“So now that you have your alcohol and are sane I’m going to ask you, why did you kiss me? I know it wasn’t because how sexy I looked.” He tried to mellow down the question so it wouldn’t seem as an accusation.

“I acted on impulse okay? I just wanted to kiss you. I wanted to see how it felt to kiss someone so far stuck up his butt.” She shook her head. Lance twirled back facing the bartender.

“Same for me.” He told her. Jessica gave him a notorious smile.

“Please don’t think I kissed you because I wanted to be with you. I don’t” she said. Lance rubbed his hand over his jaw.

“Good, I thought you kissed me because- Thank God.” He whispered. Jessica’s smile disappeared.

“What do you mean thank god?” She asked offended. Lance turned to face her again not only confused but frustrated.

“What- I just agreed with you.”

“Was it that bad? Is it that bad to date me? What if I was interested in you? Would it be so horrible to be with me?” she was offended Lance noticed. He pinched the bridge of his nose.

“There is something terribly wrong with you.” He commented monotonously and picked up his beer bottle. “I’ll be in the car.” He put down money on the counter and left the bar without saying a word. 

Jessica sat there frustrated and mad, not at Lance but at herself. She didn’t know why she was reacting in such a manner. Lance just knew how to push her buttons or maybe she was just going crazy.